Active Topics

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Isn't that (bugs 2391 / 2394) supposed to be fixed? I'm not experiencing it on either of mine.
I get it all the time when entering text using the on-screen keyboard and stylus (I don't use the thumb board).
Thankfully I don't normally enter a lot of text - just urls and CLI commands but if was normally typing in a lot I think I'd have flung the n800 out the window long ago .

I could have sworn that D-Pad scrolling problem was Fixed-in-Fremantle. Oh well .

The Following User Says Thank You to Fionn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Would including Lock Code Dialog - Owner Tag appeal to you, lma? The only problem is that it hacks libhildon directly, due to the instance of the code lock dialog being used in a closed source program. That said, I don't think any other Diablo program uses that widget and I don't think new apps are a problem... strcmp on the title?
I vote for including this

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
I get it all the time when entering text using the on-screen keyboard and stylus (I don't use the thumb board).
Thankfully I don't normally enter a lot of text - just urls and CLI commands but if was normally typing in a lot I think I'd have flung the n800 out the window long ago .
I get it all the time too

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
I get it all the time too
I used to get it too, but since I changed the screen I didn't see it anymore, so I'm not sure it's software only.
Now, I'm not using my n800 very much since I changed the screen, so that's may be another reason I don't see the issue.

Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
Bug 2394 is about the stylus keyboard (see the description - the summary was incorrectly changed at some point by a triager but there's little point reopening now).

According to that bug report the issue was fixed in chinook, but if some people are still having it there could be a hardware bug specific to some N800s. Maybe the reason I'm not experiencing it is that mine had the touchscreen replaced (due to bug 1069). In any case, without a patch or even reproducibility there's not much I can do about it, sorry :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Would including Lock Code Dialog - Owner Tag appeal to you, lma? The only problem is that it hacks libhildon directly, due to the instance of the code lock dialog being used in a closed source program.
That's actually a good reason for it to be included (since it obviously can't go to extras).

However I'm not crazy about configuring via a fragile text file (especially in /etc, thus requiring root permissions). Does anyone feel like updating the patch to use something like a GConf string? Then someone could even write a control panel applet for configuring it.

Also, is there anything that can be done to make text changes apply without requiring a reboot? Killing systemui sounds like one way to do it, but does it break anything else?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
However I'm not crazy about configuring via a fragile text file (especially in /etc, thus requiring root permissions). Does anyone feel like updating the patch to use something like a GConf string? Then someone could even write a control panel applet for configuring it.
I've always thought of GConf as the place to store one-liner strings...
A control panel applet that has a "helper" program whitelisted in sudoers would probably work.

Also, is there anything that can be done to make text changes apply without requiring a reboot? Killing systemui sounds like one way to do it, but does it break anything else?
Well, it appears that the file is read each time HildonCodeDialog is instantiated by a program. I wouldn't think systemui would keep a static instance of the HildonCodeDialog that it instantiates. That said, a watch could be kept.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I've always thought of GConf as the place to store one-liner strings...
A control panel applet that has a "helper" program whitelisted in sudoers would probably work.
Nah, too many unnecessary moving parts :-) If it's got to be in the filesystem let's stick it somewhere under /home/user (or even better /home/user/.osso so it gets backed up/restored automatically without additional configuration).

That said, a watch could be kept.
Hm, is there a GIOCondition that would notify for file creation? Maybe inotify could work instead, but either way adding an application-specific main loop callback inside a widget library seems dirty to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Nah, too many unnecessary moving parts :-) If it's got to be in the filesystem let's stick it somewhere under /home/user (or even better /home/user/.osso so it gets backed up/restored automatically without additional configuration).
*nod*

Hm, is there a GIOCondition that would notify for file creation? Maybe inotify could work instead, but either way adding an application-specific main loop callback inside a widget library seems dirty to me.
Good point. Truth be told, I don't think there really needs to be a watch. I haven't checked it, but I think systemui keeps instantiating a new instance of HildonCodeDialog each time. And who's gonna modify the text file while the tablet is locked?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey lma.

Would it be possible to find the reason why Xkbd stopped working correctly under Diablo?

I found a dirty solution, mostly by accident, that you can find in this post.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=408688&postcount=1

The only other bug to mention that I get consistently is always having to slide the volume button just a titch after making or receiving a phone call.

Many others have reported this bug as well.

Thanks for your contributions to Diablo.
Wow. First time I've ever quoted myself. This feels weird.

Anyway, I was at least hoping to get a response on this.

Thanks.

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo