Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

I asked for my first replacement 2 months ago for the charging port breaking down, now I have to request another again. I hope they fix it this time!

Hey all, just thought I'd share this technique I discovered for removing the microusb cord with minimal force. Put your index finger and thumb at the base of the cord and touching the body of the N900, and leverage the cord out with the tips of your finger and thumb. Sort of like picking up a coin I guess.

Just sent mine off via an authorised Nokia Care center today in the UK, will keep this thread updated about it's status...

Last edited by Wichall; 2010-05-06 at 14:55.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Cambridge/London
Mine broke today. Fell from a chair when connected to USB cable and snapped clean off, from inside.

It's a preproduction n900 meant to be returned this month anyway though.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
well sent mines off from last week monday and got it back 2day(friday) with i 10$ debit card im happy

ps: i would advise people with earler devices(week in the 40ies) get a replacement... idont know if its just me but quality feels better, ex. slider,keys,cam button...everything

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
Why can't we change our vote? I'm sure the numbers would drastically change now since it first began...

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Why can't we change our vote? I'm sure the numbers would drastically change now since it first began...
A new vote would be good. In a 2 years warranty time, I expect the numbers go yet worse.

I had a nightmare a couple weeks ago of the microUSB port on my N900 coming out of the device. It felt so real. I hope it's not a vision or premonition!

Originally Posted by jdave76 View Post
my usb port just came out with the cable, pants!
mine too..can it be fixed

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by tundock View Post
can it be fixed
Only by Nokia.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty