It does not install the pngenc codec... I replaced it with dspjpegenc in the script

The Following User Says Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
@ eol thanks for the reply. i already have extra decoder installed. any other ideas?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sabah, Malaysia
Hi, I've updated my original post again with new scripts (bracketing.20100418.tar.gz). The script now tests whether pngenc exists first and will fallback to dspjpegenc if it can't find it.

If anyone has technical details on pngenc and knows where to find it, please let us know

@saud khan
For any future issues, please pm (private message) me

Last edited by eol; 2010-04-18 at 14:04. Reason: Cleaned up some formatting issues

This pngenc issue is bugging me I was wondering whether anybody could run these two lines in Xterminal (especially you folks facing problems with pngenc) and PM me/upload the output:

Code:
apt-cache search png
apt-cache search gstreamer
Note: The output for the second command might be quite long, it would be better to put it into a text file and upload it here, rather than copy/pasting it straight.
I can compare which packages are missing from your N900 as compared to mine so that I can zero in on which one contains pngenc.

Feel free to participate.. or not

P.S. I'm sure there's a better way to do this using the SDKs, but I'm not sure what it is yet

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
hi, i have attached two files with the result i got after running these two lines in xterminal. ill try your new script now

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt Gstreamer.txt (4.8 KB, 285 views)
File Type: txt png.txt (1.4 KB, 108 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to saud khan For This Useful Post:
The script works nice, until the first picture has been taken.
Than, it continuously comes up with
"dsp_thread: failed waiting for events"
and is caught in repeating that error over and over.

The other script from earlier this post gives this error, too, but only once or twice and than continuous to take pictures.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
The script works nice, until the first picture has been taken.
Than, it continuously comes up with
"dsp_thread: failed waiting for events"
and is caught in repeating that error over and over.

The other script from earlier this post gives this error, too, but only once or twice and than continuous to take pictures.

Any ideas?
I've been getting this error when it fallbacks to dspjpegenc . I've attached an updated set of scripts in this post for you to try - Its a really small change in snap-image.sh. Let me know if it works..

[UPDATE] 2010-04-22: I've moved the new script back into my original post at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=12#post612127. In the future, all new versions of this script will be uploaded there.

Last edited by eol; 2010-04-22 at 07:53. Reason: FYI: Latest script moved to original post

I got the chance yesterday to try out the two scripts..

Here is the pic with your script

Here's the one with mine

The scene is not that good and it was already getting dark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
There seems to be something wrong with these scripts. For some reason there is a strong halo in all the images, that doesnt show up if I do the different images with the build in cam app by changing exposure times manually. Someone else noticed this?

HDR taken with build in cam app by manually switching exposure

HDR taken with script, including halo visible on bachagabriels images as well

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
These pics look amazing. Are we at a point yet where we can package this with a UI and make it an app, or is this still in early development? Images look great.