Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
QSportsEvent is now on Twitter. Not really sure how best to use this, so just trying it out:

Twitter ID: QSportsEvent

MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

I need your help to confirm an observation I've made. I launched QSportsEvent from the terminal window, and it hasn't crashed in hours... To do it, just launch X Terminal and type 'qsportsevent' (without the quotes, of course). Note! Don't press the Add/Remove buttons in the Favourites tab as that can cause the app to crash for another reason (in version 0.0.4 the installed Db is read only, so no updates are possible).
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Typing qsportsevents is saying not found

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Typing qsportsevents is saying not found
One 's' too many. Try 'qsportsevent'.

Thanks for trying!

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Ok the app launched. I think you are on to something here. The app didn't exit. I tried leaving it idle, use it and leaving it idle, and use it a lot. It didn't crash.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I launched Qsportsevent from the browser (Diablo) about 10 minutes ago.
Left it idle - and it's still running. You might well be onto something here

One 'bug' maybe: The scroll-bar on the right is only available to me in full-screen mode. Not a big deal though.

52 days to FIFA
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Call for help!

I'm planning to provide a default url to 'news' about the most common leagues (England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, ...). Can you please suggest what I should use? Even though I'm only going to include one url for each league, feel free to provide more and people can have a choice as to which one to use.

Please provide the information in the following format:

Code:
0|Football|England|Premier League|http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm
As already has been mentioned, one issue would be what content language the URL should refer to. My take is to use the 'national' language of the league (i.e., Italian for Serie A) as that's probably going to be mostly used. For 'International', I guess we should go for English. Remember, it will be possible to enter anything else, so this will only be the initial default value!

One challenge is to get especially RSS feeds nicely rendered in the embedded webbrowser of the app (webkit). I might have to hunt for some CSS/XSL that works for most... Any pointers for that will also be appreciated...

Last edited by magnuslu; 2010-04-19 at 15:21. Reason: Change to 'Code'

Here is the official site for the English Premier league:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Home/0,,12306,00.html

Not sure if that means it's better than the bbc site but that's just another option if you need it.
I think the bcc side is good for live in game updates but for stats and stuff the premierleague I find is better.

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
As ordered the icons for the menu (size is 32x32px by now).

1. Select
2. Favourites
3. Matches
4. Table
5. News
Do you think you could provide 48x48 and/or 64x64 versions of these? I'll try them out and see what they look like in the app.

Any chance to find some alternative to 4., the one for the Table, if I may ask? I actually might want to use the existing 4. for something else...

For future use I might need the following icons as well with the same 'theme'.

<- Arrow left (earlier match date)
-> Arrow right (later match date)
+ Plus sign (maybe as 32x32 though) (Add favourite)
- Minus sign ( --" --) (remove favourite)
$$ Dollar signs (surprise!)

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
OMF this app has come leaps and bounds and is looking really great.
A few GUI issues but so far I love it, the layour the icons, the data.
Keep it up guys. :-)

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post: