Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
At least for now we don't have a web service where to upload activities...
I contacted Sports Tracker guys some time ago and asked if they would allow eCoach to upload data to their service but i never got answer.
They don't even reply? Jeez. What a shame that people at Nokia aren't cooperative. It'd be fun to share stats with my friends who use Sports Tracker. It's the feature I miss most in eCoach.

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
There is no step counter in eCoach.I think it should be a separate application...it shouldnt be very complicated application to write
There already is a published app called Pedometer Home Widget, it seems to record steps quite well using N900's own acc meter. I don't know much about coding, but maybe that could be of some use?

Originally Posted by italian chris View Post
Or perhaps read altitude from the map - given the GPS position - using open cycle map or something?
This feature would come in handy, as GPS altitude readings are so inaccurate that they're hardly useful.

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
1) Is it possible to plot a route? When trying new routes I look them up online, but it would be so great to plot then in eCoach (I need nothing more than the ability to draw a line on the map) and use eCoach as a map while running.
This would be nice as well. Moreover, the software could detect when the user is approximately following the planned route, and "lock" his location on it. (It would of course switch to free gps tracking if the user changes his mind and veers off the route). This would get rid of the squiggly lines and inaccurate length/speed results we get when going really slowly or having a bad GPS connection.

Another feature I'd like to see some day is to be able to fix the worst anomalies from the records afterwards. Like, if the GPS loses signal or otherwise messes up for a few seconds and decides I was running at 200km/h for a moment, I'd like an option to delete the weird point(s) from the records. Maybe the software could then calculate the average between the adjacent points again, if the recording works like that. I have no idea how it works, actually.

Anyway, eCoach has been a really nice and useful app, and it works great, so big up for writing it!

Last edited by Juhgu; 2010-03-30 at 16:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juhgu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Has anyone of you who are looking Sports Tracker type of web service tried if Traxmeet http://www.traxmeet.com web service works with eCoach data? What I have looked it seem to support quite a many different type of devices and they even mention GPX file support. Personally I don't want to use this type of services so I haven't tried it. One problem with that service seems to be need for Windows machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to mve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Juhgu View Post
They don't even reply? Jeez. What a shame that people at Nokia aren't cooperative.
Sports Tracker isn't a Nokia project anymore. The guys behind the program at Nokia started their own company (Sports Tracking Technologies?) which develops the next version of it.

They have been kind of quiet, but I suppose are releasing something when they are ready. If I had to guess there will be version other than for Symbian, hopefully Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to Arpa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
Thats right that Ecoach cannot upload data too SportsTracker, but from SportsTracker you are able to import data.
Just click create workout manuel and then you can import the gpx-file from the ecock directory (your phone connectet). The only bad thing is that you don't get the maps with the import... Strange ?

When I import the Ecoach gpx-file to Google Earth then program draw the route ???? Does anyone of you have a solution ?

And to Arpa - i thing that ST still is a Nokia project. Take a look on the webadress and Nokia name and copyright placed all over the site ?

Originally Posted by peterdahl View Post
And to Arpa - i thing that ST still is a Nokia project. Take a look on the webadress and Nokia name and copyright placed all over the site ?
They have been tight lipped, but there was a small storm in a glass when it was announced last summer. More info about "recent" development http://runningdigital.com/2009/10/21...-technologies/ and from google.

Nokia still hosts the existing stuff, but no development is done for the current version at Nokia.

It would be nice to have some open API to mix, import and export tracking related data easily.

Thats right that Ecoach cannot upload data too SportsTracker, but from SportsTracker you are able to import data.
Just click create workout manuel and then you can import the gpx-file from the ecock directory (your phone connectet). The only bad thing is that you don't get the maps with the import... Strange ?

When I import the Ecoach gpx-file to Google Earth then program draw the route ???? Does anyone of you have a solution ?

Yeah I just tried import a gpx file from ecoach into sports tracker and it half works. You get all the workout data except it doesn't plot anything onto the map.

Sorry about offtopic...

New Symbian Sportstracker has been released to OVI store. Other platforms are coming later.

http://www.sportstrackingtechnologies.com/

http://runningdigital.com/tag/sports...-technologies/

Last edited by Arpa; 2010-04-15 at 08:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arpa For This Useful Post:
This seems to work, cool! The map data and graphs won't import, but you can always take a screenshot of your eCoach map and add it as a media file. The graphs don't matter that much to me, it's good that I get to use the same service with my sports buddies.

I've used eCoach twice now, the first time just to play and test it, the second just, on a little jog. The first time worked fine could view the map, graphs, data, etc afterwards. But it didn't save that data when i started a new activity, it just disappeared!

Then today i got to the end of my jog, which it had tracked beautifully, and it gave me a message that it couldn't save the file or some such nonsense.

Anyone else had this?

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
I've used eCoach twice now, the first time just to play and test it, the second just, on a little jog. The first time worked fine could view the map, graphs, data, etc afterwards. But it didn't save that data when i started a new activity, it just disappeared!

Then today i got to the end of my jog, which it had tracked beautifully, and it gave me a message that it couldn't save the file or some such nonsense.

Anyone else had this?
You can open past excercises in activity log,if you recorded them.

"it gave me a message that it couldn't save the file or some such nonsense."
This sound weird.... did you try again? Sounds like your eMMC is full or some other weird issue.