Active Topics

Notices

given up deleted it till some1 comes up wit fix cause this aint funny spent 4 hours playin pokemon saved it to make fone call went back on and save file currupted ffs pisses me off

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Has anyone looked into porting VBA-M? See http://vba-m.com/

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NC, USA
You guys have all said that your sound quality it bad, however I am not getting any sound at all. I even tried running VGBA from the command line with the -sound switch, but even that does not work.

EDIT: Nvm, I thought it would work in silent mode if volume was up.

Last edited by prattmic; 2010-04-23 at 02:07.

hi can anyone help me iv downlaoded vgba a few times now and tryed diffrent roms but it still dont pick up any roms

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Hard to say what your problem is mate. A common problem is the name of the roms themselves. If they are .GBA change it to lower case (.gba) as the n900 will not recognise the upper case format. This applys to all emu packages.

although i want better emulation, its hard to complain when the sound and speed and stability of basically all my gba games is great, then again im on starvings 805mhz kernel which speeds it up and gives better battery life

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lancaster
was wondering if anyone could help.
whats the best config to get pokemon emerald to run the fastest. i find that its really laggy on vgba! tried playin around with the settings in the config menu, i dont know what else i can do about it???
thanks!

not too much to do with config, turn off sound? turn off smoothness? turn off full screen?
if you overclock you will get better battery life and over 60fps

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Wakefield, UK
Hey, has anyone managed to get pokemon fire red/leaf green working properly? The in game saves don't work and if you use save states you cannot proceed past a certain point in the game. With PC emulators there are ways to fix the in game saving,

http://forums.ngemu.com/visualboy-ad...board-wtf.html

That thread describes how to create a file to place in the same directory as your emulator to make the games work. Anyone have any ideas on how to do something similar for this emulator?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
All I need for this emulator is the ability to run the advance wars games. Advance wars runs perfectly but I can not get AW2 to run at all.

It crashes as soon as you start the campaign so if anybody has any ideas or a work around I'm all ears.