Both the Openpandora and the Nokia n900 are are both awesome homebrew devices. On one hand the Nokia n900 has more storage and is easier to buy. The Openpadora is more powerful and is cheaper. Please help me decide the choice will ultimately be mine please help me decide though.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
N900 of cause!! Pandora doesn't have touch screen or do they? one for Gaming and one for Phone device!

Well you can have a new n900 now, or you could wait another 2 months for the openpandora... then wait another 2 months for the openpandora... and then another 2 months...

The Following User Says Thank You to lfcobra For This Useful Post:
An unbiased answer:

Get the N900 if you value phone capabilities over gaming. The N900 is more portable but it will cost you battery life, controls, and screen space.

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
An unbiased answer:

Get the N900 if you value phone capabilities over gaming. The N900 is more portable but it will cost you battery life, controls, and screen space.
I don't necessarily mind the controls being as I can use a ps3 gamepad and the hardware keyboard isn't that bad but the openpandora has better battery life by a milestone. But when is the openpandora going to freakin come out. I have seen that the pandora is better for emulators and the n900 has more native games.

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
Well you can have a new n900 now, or you could wait another 2 months for the openpandora... then wait another 2 months for the openpandora... and then another 2 months...
by thew time the pandora come out we will be able to emulate the ps3 on portable devices so I have made my decision nokia n900.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
N900 of cause!! Pandora doesn't have touch screen or do they? one for Gaming and one for Phone device!
Pandora has a resistive touch screen.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
by thew time the pandora come out we will be able to emulate the ps3 on portable devices so I have made my decision nokia n900.
To be honest I'm really a fan of the open pandora project. When I heard about it a year ago from a coworker I was extemely excited at the potential for an ultimate handheld gaming experience. But after all the delays and problems that they keep having I've come to the conclusion that either its never coming out or when it does it will be woefully out of date.

The last time I checked their website they didnt even have all the parts to start manufacturing and they wouldnt be recieving them anytime soon due to the ash cloud caused by the iceland volcano.

Openpandora for gaming, N900 as a PDA/mobile computer/cell phone.

You know what is so surprising is that I asked the same question and I got a biased answer. http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...r-openpandora/ So FREAKIN suprising!!!!1one