Active Topics

Notices

is there a howto on reverting, i dont think it was the update, but i can give it a shot, anything short of deleting the account at this point is worth it to me.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@fargus:

re-signing in (delete account and sign in) helps solve the network error problem.

now my new issue is, my FACEBOOK IM is gone!!!

Please advise, thanks

I love the plugins for IM and how good it works sometimes. But there is one thing id like to see. Is it possible to store the status messages and the pictures of my contacts? i mean the pics they have in theyr icq accounts. I can set the N900 to show them in the contact list, but when I log off the pics are gone. Is it possoble to keep them?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
@fargus:

re-signing in (delete account and sign in) helps solve the network error problem.

now my new issue is, my FACEBOOK IM is gone!!!

Please advise, thanks
Sorry, don't go anywhere near Facebook.

does anyone know what happened to account plugin haze ? i updated my fw today and now i cant find it in the repos

or how about this "upstart-job" that is missing? anyone know how to get it so i can get my im services back? they didnt work perfectly but at least they did work. even if i have to go back to a old version i wouldnt mind. can anyone point me in the direction of the older version of haze or pidgin protocols or what ever i need to get aim and face book chat back on m n900?

Last edited by andraeseus1; 2010-04-21 at 06:40.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
i've got the same problem.
and now i can't seem to get my contacts intergated in my phone book anymore..
they can see if i'm online, but i can't see them.
i really miss haze. does anyone have the install file?
pidgin and pecan don't seem to do the job...

Originally Posted by Crom View Post
i've got the same problem.
and now i can't seem to get my contacts intergated in my phone book anymore..
they can see if i'm online, but i can't see them.
i really miss haze. does anyone have the install file?
pidgin and pecan don't seem to do the job...
i checked today and just downloaded extra protocols for conversations app in the app manager seems to be working fine now.no more upstart-job error

every thing seems to be in order. just had to re-enter some passwords n stuff but all my contacts and everything seems to be just as it was before the update. now if i can only figure out how to get FB chat back on here. you have any idea on how to do that? i am searching google for it now

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
Does anyone know if the Skype SMS function works on the N900?

Hello there! I've tried looking for an answer but so far no success so I'll try posting my issue.

I'm trying to use the precise Facebook plugin for Conversations and Chat included in this pack but it cannot login.

It states "password or login are wrong" and that is not correct, they are right.

Anyone knows the reason?

thanks to all!

(PS: I managed to set up the Jabber plugin instead, but I'd like to make it work for the sake of contacts clarity)

Never had a problem with this, but as of about an hour ago, Im unable to login into my ICQ accont on N900 - PC is ok. I believe its now even trying to connect, as I set status ONLINE and it immediatelly states "network error"

I even restarted the device, checked the login name, password, login server, port etc. but thats all ok.

After running into an advice I should disconnect my net connection and then set my online status, I tried that, but without success ...

So, any ideas???

EDIT: Im runnin PR 1.2 + testing, devel ... up-to-date ...

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo