Active Topics

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
thats where we keep our cabers!

well... traditionally no, but if you've ever been up here you'll know it can get damn cold at times, so you can be forgiven if you're not wearing it properly on occasion. but tbh we very seldom wear kilts. weddings and festivals mainly.

and if you're wearing a kilt the sporran is the perfect n900 holder, as long as you don't leave your keys in there too.
I thought we had the start of a great double act there:

Q: "Is anything worn under the kit?"

A: "No - it's all in perfect working order!"

I hear there's some retired Narwhal fishermen off the west coast who hand-craft iphone pouches from haggis skins flavoured with Glenmorangie and seal piss from their crofts and then flog them to unsuspecting American tourists...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
I thought we had the start of a great double act there:

Q: "Is anything worn under the kit?"

A: "No - it's all in perfect working order!"

I hear there's some retired Narwhal fishermen off the west coast who hand-craft iphone pouches from haggis skins flavoured with Glenmorangie and seal piss from their crofts and then flog them to unsuspecting American tourists...
haha wish i'd thought of that!

oh yeah dip a haggis skin in seal piss and you can call it a genuine authentic hand crafted scottish whatever the hell the tourist wants to buy at the time! and with the global warming causing haggis to breed at an alarming rate and the whole seal incontinence epidemic we're basically printing money here!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Right side pants pocket. Using an adapted N800 Javoscreen protector (there was no N900 Javoscreen protector available at the time).

Jeans' front pocket or in leg pocket with shorts.

I also have an arm band, but N900 is little too big 4 that. Should find bigger arm band pocket.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I use a CP-321 and just put it in my pocket. I have bluetooth stereo headphones, so the lack of access to the connectors is not a big hassle. I also wear the 'hipster' jeans and don't have a problem with the size of the N900.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I keep my N900 with me all the time and use it to take a lot of photos, so accesibility is important to me.

Just bough a CP-231 leather case from BMC Digital - Genuine Nokia for £11.99 inc delivery. Arrived the next day!

Looks good, doesn't add any bulk so it still fits the pocket. N900 slips in and out easily and quickly. I use a screen protector from uk-tek - clearer than the excellent Proporta alternative and a lot cheaper - I can afford to replace them every couple of weeks or so if needed. Gives less feel than the Proporta when scrolling with finger or stylus and does show fingerprints more, though.

I carry a couple of spare fully charged genuine batteries just in case in a converted leather credit-card holder, but have never had to swap batteries yet as I go fully offline when walking for some peace & quiet!.

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2010-04-24 at 12:55.

I bought this norêve case:

It has a belt clip detachable connector; all ports remain accessible (except of course micro-sd;-)))
Lots of pros; just two cons: high price and vertical hanging on the belt, I'd rather put it horizontally

i put it in a limo .. that follows me .. wherever i go..

in my pocket. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to aldevil For This Useful Post:
"Where do you put your n900 while walking ?"

my n900 while walking, is on its lead, it needs harnessing as its a little bit of a beast and it cant be trusted to walk on its own! ;0)

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
I have a CP-321 and a Clarivue screen protector. While walking I either hold it in my hand or put in my jacket/pants pockets.

I'd like to try the CP-408 case.