Posts: 35 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Somerville, MA
Language: C++ (Qt)
IDE: ESbox, QtCreator
Project: PortaBase
Progress: ~85% (mostly working, just want to iron out a few more UI issues before releasing a beta version of the new code)
License: GPL
Distribution: Currently only available in source form from git; plan to eventually submit it to extras-devel
Purpose/goal of project: This is a database application I originally wrote for the Sharp Zaurus PDAs in order to easily keep inventory of my media collections. I developed it to the point where I can also use it for financial tracking, todo lists, password management, image slideshows, contact management, etc. I plan to release a version 2.0 with Diablo and Maemo 5 ports (among others), and finally retire my aging Zaurus SL-C3000.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmbowman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
Language/s: C++/Qt4
IDE: QtCreator 2.0 TP
Project: many idea but no precise one ATM
Progress: research on compiling Harmattan Gitorious duihome for N900
License: open
Distribution: free
Purpose/goal of project: have fun and test new things

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Language: C++ (Qt)
IDE: ESbox, QtCreator
Project: Phone version of Eldoc server
Progress: ~20%
Purpose/goal of project: One suggestion for Wartsila for my thesis. The annoying problem is how to port the application to N900. Its crazy actually when I could not find a way to install maemo-pc-connectivity

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Language: Python (PySide, PyQt)
IDE: PyGTKEditor and Eric, Qt Creator
Project: DreamRemote
Progress: 40% (control works fine)
Distribution: via the maemo repositories
Purpose/goal of project:
I want to have a fast Remote Control (start, stop, channel switching...) with big buttons for my Dreambox Receiver in the living room while I'm relaxing in the bedroom. (only control, no video streaming)

And of course: learning Qt, Python and maybe a little bit of Linux to understand more background of my beloved Toy

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Project: Echognomix
Language/s: Vala, MX, CSS
IDE: MonoDevelop
Progress: 10%
Distribution: Free
Purpose/goal of project: Comic strip viewer, demo project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Project: Fonter
Language: Python, PyQt
IDE: SciTe, QtDesigner
Progress: 1%
Distribution: Free through repos
Purpose/goal of project: A nice GUI app for changing font system wide. Had enough of typing the stuff into command line every time

I've got the basic code down but I'm having trouble learning the Qt references etc.. Might be a while before I get anywhere

Eventually I want to build in a font installer to this app too but one step at a time!!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Language/s: Python
IDE: Eclipse, Textpad
Project: International Call Helper/Calling Card Helper (Name suggestions welcome )
Progress: 70% (functional but lacks UI, packaging)
Distribution:Free (Will post to garage as soon as I am done)
Purpose/goal of project:

Started this as a learning project. It helps people like me who call international numbers using a calling card regularly. Right now I have to dial the CC number first then go back to contacts and memorize the international number to enter in the dialpad as DTMF tone. This app will recognize outgoing international calls and route/re-dial them though a pre-specified calling card (mostly toll free) number using DTMF tone. More on this when the app is ready for extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Language/s: Python
IDE: Eclipse, Textpad
Project: International Call Helper/Calling Card Helper (Name suggestions welcome )
Progress: 70% (functional but lacks UI, packaging)
Distribution:Free (Will post to garage as soon as I am done)
Purpose/goal of project:

Started this as a learning project. It helps people like me who call international numbers using a calling card regularly. Right now I have to dial the CC number first then go back to contacts and memorize the international number to enter in the dialpad as DTMF tone. This app will recognize outgoing international calls and route/re-dial them though a pre-specified calling card (mostly toll free) number using DTMF tone. More on this when the app is ready for extras-devel.
Dude, will you be redirecting through the phone menu or will it be an external application?

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by ashish View Post
Dude, will you be redirecting through the phone menu or will it be an external application?
Redirecting through phone menu only. The app will be running as a daemon and If you call any international number (like +91 or 0091) from the dialpad or from contacts, the call will be routed through the calling card number.

I will create a new thread when the app is at least ready for dev repository. Lets not derail the main topic here

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
TeleTransporter, TelePORTER, Tollway, FoneBill, PayFone, Rate Puppet, Route-A-Rate, VICaR (Value International Call Router)...

Sounds like a great app for Europeans and travellers.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:

Tags
apps, development