Active Topics

Notices

thank you guys! I love this game!

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
the all map revealed problem is debug mode. there should be "debug = off" line in your config file. Perhaps there is some other config file that is sometimes used or something. Really annoying being without the phone right now because I can't test it. Anyway that problem does not appear on a clean install, but I've had the problem and I'm not sure how it appeared.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

I've check the fheroes2.cfg file and there is a line that says "debug = off".

I'll have to wait for you to get back to you phone, but thanks for the update.

My Blog

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
this might seem a bit daft, but can i use the data from homm 2 - gold?

thanks, the demo worked perfectly!!

I think you can , I have a full copy of the game and I just copied the data and map files and mine works, I assume this will work with the gold edition too

My Blog

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Yes that is true I suppose, but I don't have a good solution. I guess the natural thing would be to default the data folders to MyDocs, but since that really hurts the performance of the game, and installing stuff directly to MyDocs from packages is generally a bad idea, I don't really feel it's a good idea. Perhaps I could use two folders to look for files, having two different paths by default. That way a non-techie persons could install the files to MyDocs if they want.

Thoughts?

PS "he / she / it" LOL
Maybe a script to copy the files from MyDocs over to /opt?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Maybe a script to copy the files from MyDocs over to /opt?
Yeah that's what I was thinking...

My Blog

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Moscow
I've tried new game 2 times, and on the first one it was debug mode (full map + super hero), the second time was ok and I'm currently playing that map. So if you're facing the issue try reopening the game and starting a new map - you should get a correct start one time, and then just save your game.
I also have couple of other issues, not sure if it's only me:
1) Kingdom view doesn't work for me. The one that shows all your castles and mines.
2) Battle options (grid and shadows) are only saved for a single map. So every time I start a new map I need to set these options on first battle. Would be great if I could set these options in some config or if it was saved globally like in the original game.
3) Horisontal map scrolling is triggered when you reach right side of the screen. This makes up+right scrolling almost impossible, as you always end up interacting with minimap instead. I suggest modifying the scrolling to be triggered when mouse pointer reaches left side of right pane.
4) Long tap right click - style seems more usable to me than ctrl+click, but I couldn't get this to work. Tap mode = on in the config wouldn't work. Maybe there is some specific place in the config to put this line? Or this might be some issue in cfg parsing code that also causes debug mode on.

And I also have one enhancement request:
Since all the buttons are kinda tiny it's inconvenient to close windows, especially 640x480 ones that have buttons in the very bottom edge of the screen, which is not very responsive. My suggestion is to implement winow closing on a tap outside of the window area. That would work even better for hero/castle view, since there are areas to left and right that show map view. This would also make the interface more maemo-friendly. In fact I was trying to close the windows by tapping outside of them first, and when it didn't work I suddenly understood it's just a desktop port with desktop-style interface.

First let me say thank you for allowing us to play this awesome game on N900. Its perfect game for such a device. One odd bug I encounter during play:

(Im using HOMM2 GOLD from GOG, data and maps files in MyDocs, config edited, so far I was only testing small maps)

AI problems - AI sometimes breaks and stays on the spot, or repeats same routine (like traveling from obelisk to town over and over again). Seem to be quite random, most easily spotted on Skirmish map.

Repro steps: New Game/Standard Game/ (small maps) Skirmish/set difficulty on Normal, player as Knight (but it shouldn’t matter). Start the game. Visit hut of the Magi (on the right side, visible in the beginning of the game). Enemy position should be revealed by doing this. Now press End turn over and over again. Enemy hero will enter the town on day 7 and stay there for the rest of the game. Same thing happen while playing Dungeon Below (where enemy hero is constantly traveling from hometown to first obelisk).

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
ok, debug mode bug should be fixed in the newest version in the repositories (fheroes2_0.5-maemo-11) It's currently in the builder queue. Unfortunately tap mode (long click) does not work, but it's next.

Many of the reported bugs, like AI bugs, and are from fheroes2 source, and as I'm merely working on getting the game ported to N900 I don't feel it's my business to muck about in the inner workings of the game right now. The main developers of the game are active, so I'm sure it will be updates coming that we'll use for the N900 port once they are available.

The scrolling and window closing might be something I could take a look at, once I get the long click fixed.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:

Tags
fheroes2, homm2