Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Can I reinstall the camera?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I had similar experience a while ago. In my case there was a problem with the filesystem so it was mounted in read only mode.

Try (at your own risk): "mount -o remount rw /home/user/MyDocs" as root in a console
and try the camera again. If it works after that try fix the filesystem.

I dont think the problem is in filesystem because the error is shown during the startup of camera not during saving photos.

Is there any command to see if everything related to camera is working fine or not?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
reflash the firmware and emmc sounds like your best bet. good to hear healthcheck works!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Without reflashing there is no way?

if healthcheck shows the camera works, that uses gstreamer, so the hardware is working, does sound like the app - and possibly a problem with the system files.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

no way to reinstall whole camera app??

Still waiting

Originally Posted by plaban View Post
Still waiting
Still waiting for what? :P

took me 6 minutes last time to do a backup, reflash and re-install (Ok, add 10 mins to redload apps hehehe)