Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gibraltar
Hi All

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the incoming call screen and the call logs to display not only the name of the person ringing you but also the number from which they are ringing.

For example if my dad calls me it show his name but not whether he is calling from his mobile or home. It would be nice if it would also display the number because then I would be able to tell at a glance if he was home or not.

Also would be nice for the call log to show which number the person called you from or you called them on. Say I have tried to call my wife at home and on her mobile without success. If I decide to try again in a few minutes time to call her again on her mobile then I actually have to click on the entry in the call log to see which of the two entries is the mobile number. I dont think it would need to take up much space as the font for the number could be just as small as the date and time font.

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._and_call_log/

Last edited by chris_m; 2010-04-28 at 17:40. Reason: brainstorm address added

I would also like to support him. But I would also add one thing to this n that is ----

the number along with the date-time of the sms msg should also b shown in the conversations section when someone sees the details of a sms message. I sometimes really get pissed off when someone has more than one cell number, n which one did the person used to msg me or call me.

The Following User Says Thank You to CooL_HunK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Hm, just today I found out I wanted to tweak this, and all I could find was this post. Well, I guess we should create a Brainstorm for it.

I'd like to configure the incoming call display to use any field from contacts, like "%firstname% %lastname%, %company%, %somefield%, %number%" or whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Me and chris_m are asking for the ability to modify the incoming call display, while chris_m and CooL_HunK are asking for modifications to the call log and conversations list.

I do support your ideas, but have you checked out Extended Call Log, extcalllog? It's a bit clunky to access, but it shows at least the details of calls. Beware: 0.3 in testing is OK, but 0.3 in devel has currently some dependency issues. 0.2 in extras i OK, but lacks some features.

Hi guys

Have created this brainstorm. Please feel free to make further suggestions.

Chris

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chris_m View Post
Have created this brainstorm. Please feel free to make further suggestions.
A Link to your Brainstorm at the Brainstorm system would be nice.

Hi Helmuth

If I knew how to I would. Unfortunately I don't.

Chris

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Go to brainstorm. See the address. Copy it.

Go to first post. Hit edit. Add the address at the bottom of the post.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
thanks ndi

address now added

Originally Posted by gaute View Post
Me and chris_m are asking for the ability to modify the incoming call display, while chris_m and CooL_HunK are asking for modifications to the call log and conversations list.

I do support your ideas, but have you checked out Extended Call Log, extcalllog? It's a bit clunky to access, but it shows at least the details of calls. Beware: 0.3 in testing is OK, but 0.3 in devel has currently some dependency issues. 0.2 in extras i OK, but lacks some features.
gaute i have checked out extended call log 0.3 but cannot see any advantage over the built in call log in that it does not display the persons number unless i am missing something. i do however like the filter option as for some reason the built in call log does not seem to want to show missed calls. is there a setting which must be changed to make themvisible?

thanks

chris