Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Hey guys,

I thought I'd run into more problems, but I guess waiting a month or two paid off? I installed Titan's kernel through the app manager and am using queen beecon to "activate" the 1ghz OC. I probably shouldn't push the OC any further, considering my inexperience. I'm glad it's running, snappier, with no problem.

Thanks for all the work that's been put into this thus far!

Originally Posted by alias3800 View Post
Hey guys,

I thought I'd run into more problems, but I guess waiting a month or two paid off? I installed Titan's kernel through the app manager and am using queen beecon to "activate" the 1ghz OC. I probably shouldn't push the OC any further, considering my inexperience. I'm glad it's running, snappier, with no problem.

Thanks for all the work that's been put into this thus far!
I second this, N900 is running like hell!!!

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
The current kernels that are there on my site are built from the source that comes with PR1.2 SDK. If they release a newer kernel source I might just build the more popular ones with the newer source. This is all just a big IF for now. For sure I will build a newer source with the ULV settings in future when a newer source is available... but what comes to the 125mhz - XXXmhz, they wont happen. I wont be going back to the tacky 125 or 250mhz idle speeds. They reduce a lot of response from the machine.
It's probably staring me right in the face but where are the downloads for the overclocked kernels on your site? All I can see are stock and ultra low voltage ones. Are the Low voltage the overclocked?

@titan- Nah, I done the nooby thing xD I read the uninstallation thing after I uninstalled via app manager lol

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
i've installed the new kernel and did the command for ulv. is there a way to know if it worked?

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
i've installed the new kernel and did the command for ulv. is there a way to know if it worked?
I wrote a little helper script that pulls all the important stats & data:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

modprobe bq27x00_battery

echo -n "Temp:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/omap34xx_temp/temp1_input

echo -n "Battery draw: "
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/current_now | perl -e 'printf ("%dmA\n", <> * 0.2);'

echo ''

echo "Frequency stats:"
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
Just fire that into a script (cat > info.sh && chmod 755 info.sh) and give it a run. It shows time in state, temperature, battery draw, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
I wrote a little helper script that pulls all the important stats & data:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

modprobe bq27x00_battery

echo -n "Temp:"
cat /sys/devices/platform/omap34xx_temp/temp1_input

echo -n "Battery draw: "
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/current_now | perl -e 'printf ("%dmA\n", <> * 0.2);'

echo ''

echo "Frequency stats:"
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
Just fire that into a script (cat > info.sh && chmod 755 info.sh) and give it a run. It shows time in state, temperature, battery draw, etc.
then how would i know if the ulv worked?

Hello Friends!

I'm Using Kernel Maemo XLV 21.

I set my PMCONFIG 850MHz Minimum, Maximum 1.15Ghz

This all works very well!

So have a problem, when I received a call Minimo Back to 500Mhz.

What should I do for this not to happen

what can I do to get Clock fixed at 850Mhz - 1.15Ghz even when receiving a phone call?

Originally Posted by maykon-de-angra View Post
Hello Friends!

I'm Using Kernel Maemo XLV 21.

I set my PMCONFIG 850MHz Minimum, Maximum 1.15Ghz

This all works very well!

So have a problem, when I received a call Minimo Back to 500Mhz.

What should I do for this not to happen

what can I do to get Clock fixed at 850Mhz - 1.15Ghz even when receiving a phone call?
didn't you already fry your device trying to set the minimum to 850Mhz?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3026

I'm trying to make changing the clock frequencies easier by adding settings to the Power Key menu in /etc/systemui/systemui.xml.
I adapted the entry for Top as this runs an xterm command..

Code:
<menuitem priority="5" name="Top in XTerm">
  <callback service="com.nokia.xterm" path="/com/nokia/xterm" interface="com.nokia.xterm" method="run_command" bus="session" autostart="true">
   <argument type="string">/usr/bin/top</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>
Only problem I have is I don't have the full path required to the kernel-load binary.. at least I'm guessing I need this to run a command and arguements..

Code:
 <menuitem priority="500" name="Default 600Mhz">
 <callback service="com.nokia.xterm" path="/com/nokia/xterm" interface="com.nokia.xterm" method="run_command" bus="session" autostart="true">
   <argument type="string">kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/xlv</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>

<menuitem priority="500" name="Overclock 800Mhz">
   <argument type="string">kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>
Anyone got the path for the kernel-load command?

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
I'm trying to make changing the clock frequencies easier by adding settings to the Power Key menu in /etc/systemui/systemui.xml.
I adapted the entry for Top as this runs an xterm command..

Code:
<menuitem priority="5" name="Top in XTerm">
   <argument type="string">/usr/bin/top</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>
Only problem I have is I don't have the full path required to the kernel-load binary.. at least I'm guessing I need this to run a command and arguements..

Code:
 <menuitem priority="500" name="Default 600Mhz">
   <argument type="string">kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/xlv</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>

<menuitem priority="500" name="Overclock 800Mhz">
   <argument type="string">kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal</argument>
  </callback>
 </menuitem>
Anyone got the path for the kernel-load command?
Yeah it's /usr/sbin/kernel-load

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom