Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Now I'm disappointed in Nokia. They're willing to ship devices to Hong Kong with it loaded, but there's something so pressing that they can't release it for the rest of the world?
Purely speculative, but the most obvious reason for me would be that the update bricks your device - not much of an issue if you start from zero (or it is preinstalled), but would be a kind of downer for like most existing users. There could be many other reasons (regulatory/legal/etc) so, especially considering the experience with the UK firmware, selective availability of firmwares is not exactly unheard of.

Also, they need to hurry up and shuffle that PenPower package over to the non-free catalog or to the Nokia repositories instead of the free catalog.
Which package are we talking about, precisely ?

Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
What? applications? dude there are less than 500 applications for N900!! all of them at beta stage!!
For the record, the N900 has a little over 300 apps that have been cleared by community or Nokia’s QA, and over 3000 with community apps that are in various stages of development, plus an unknown amount of commercial apps (known to exist from announcements or YT demos). Note that these numbers are not directly comparable to other platforms as we have full blown browsers and not site-specific apps, platform-emulators instead of single games, etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
For the record, the N900 has a little over 300 apps that have been cleared by community or Nokia’s QA, and over 3000 with community apps that are in various stages of development, plus an unknown amount of commercial apps (known to exist from announcements or YT demos). Note that these numbers are not directly comparable to other platforms as we have full blown browsers and not site-specific apps, platform-emulators instead of single games, etc.
"over 3000 with community apps that are in various stages of development"

Only 5 applications have EVER actually come out of community brainstorm in 6 months - I assume this is where you got the 3000 figure from.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Only 5 applications have EVER actually come out of community brainstorm in 6 months - I assume this is where you got the 3000 figure from.
Could somebody translate this to English for me please?

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
"over 3000 with community apps that are in various stages of development"

You assume wrong. The figure comes from a combination of repositories, most notably extras-devel, which alone sports 3234 unique, community maintained packages.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, not all are apps - most are libs, thus invisible to the user.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Well, not all are apps - most are libs, thus invisible to the user.
Even with ungrepping libs it’s well over 2000 just for extras-devel. But as said, it’s difficult to pour package data into app numbers. For example, Easy Debian (with it’s N thousand packages) counts as ONE application. Now compare that with one app on, say, the iPhone that just acts as a custom RSS reader or web front-end for www.foo.com

Doesnt look like 1.2 to me tho :P ,found it while browsing youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTfAW1MaFvo

Last edited by cryox92; 2010-04-30 at 09:10.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
It is NOT pr 1.2.

Infact in the 1.2 release the menu can be rearrenge freely and ther is no "more"...

Originally Posted by Endri View Post
It is NOT pr 1.2.

Infact in the 1.2 release the menu can be rearrenge freely and ther is no "more"...
I know, that why i said that it doesnt look like it. The character output is there tho.

Closed Thread