Active Topics

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Few tips on how to get Rhapsody on your N800 (for non US).

Firstly if you download Rhapsody from the Nokia repo it does not check your location and you get an unlimited 30 day trial. What to do after that?

Rhapsody does a "free 25" account which allows 25 tracks to be played free of charge a month. for this account you only need to enter an email and a password, no US address or banking details needed.

The first problem is Rhapsody uses ISP location checking to ensure your in the US, if your not and you click new account you just get "we have detected your outside the US".

Using USproxies you can "fool" Rhapsody into thinking your in the US http://www.usproxies.net/

Its a bit hit and miss, few refresh's needed and make sure the right boxes are ticked and unticked as you want to allow cookies and everything (we are only interested in hiding our no US ISP here).

Once you have your account you can enter it into your N800 as a new account, if your 30 day trial has ended you can click "merge accounts" if not keep them separate until the trial ends.

25 tracks a month is not a lot I know but for the occasional track you don't have, research or just to bring back the odd memory its better than nothing. A US bank account is needed for any of the upgraded account that need funding.

Hope this helps.

hmmmm hang-0n.

Even though I can play the 25 free songs via the application you download on your home PC, when i awith accounts on the N800 to the free 25 account it starts to buffer then says "login failed".

I really don't know why i can login on a PC but not on the N800?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Different account types.

I haven't a problem with mine. Works great and I can listen to songs i haven't heard in years and not availible in stores.

Only problem, there are duplicates and you have to find what groups are what you want. Also, I am trying to find Bob Seger for a co-worker and is not showing up.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Rhapsody does a "free 25" account which allows 25 tracks to be played free of charge a month. for this account you only need to enter an email and a password, no US address or banking details needed.
Hrm. So you've been able to get your N800 to work with an existing Rhapsody account? I can't seem to manage that. Instead, I always get a login failure message.

If you have a moment, could you answer a question: When you merged your trial account with your "free 25" account, did the trial account disappear from the Accounts window?

Originally Posted by basco View Post
I haven't a problem with mine. Works great and I can listen to songs i haven't heard in years and not availible in stores.

Only problem, there are duplicates and you have to find what groups are what you want. Also, I am trying to find Bob Seger for a co-worker and is not showing up.
Is your account a "free 25" account or a paid account or the 30 days trial?

Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Even though I can play the 25 free songs via the application you download on your home PC, when i awith accounts on the N800 to the free 25 account it starts to buffer then says "login failed".
Ah, so you're seeing the same problem I am.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone know how I can remove the Rhapsody link from the main application menu ? It's annoying.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Different account types.
Could you please expand on that?

Do you mean that if I purchase an Unlimited account for use with the Rhapsody application for Windows and/or Rhapsody Online, I can't use that same account with my N800? I'd need a separate Unlimited account?

Want a little tip for unlimited free music on the N800?

Once the free trial has ended just set the N800 date back and your trial is active once more, its like computing 20 years ago setting a date back to keep a trial active!