Closed Thread
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Interesting, thanks ^

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Where is your fact? By judging? The fact is one of the Nokians told one of the guy on the other post on this forum.
No one from Nokia told us that it would take weeks or even months. It's ready and it is been tested, so release in few weeks is more than likely.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
No one from Nokia told us that it would take weeks or even months. It's ready and it is been tested, so release in few weeks is more than likely.
Yes that is what I said earlier! Don't expecting it anytime soon, may be atleast a few weeks from now...^^^^^^ from the top.

Nokia did not tell your about it, but one of the guy asked and got the answer from Nokian in one of the thread. I Can't remember which one but it is there. One of the thread related to this release.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
from google translate:

hmm....
Translation using babilon pro:

"...PR1.2 is amazing!
The only disturbing issue is WHY "two girls one cup" video was elected as boot video!
The pictures of my girlfriend boobs looks near perfect without light, soon posting some examples!
Conky is now renamed Chuck Norris, and it only startup if it want to startup.
Full MMS support, and Ovi Maps v5 ready to download!
Standard speed is one gigahertz, and battery life under heavy 3g AND wifi usage is now about three days.
The odd things: a black hole is eating my feets... Oh, it's getting bigger! And it's very smelly! The end of world???..."

Very very confusing...

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
If it is good enough for the Chinese, why not for us, then?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
If it is good enough for the Chinese, why not for us, then?
The world will never know!! Ask Nokia why. I would not have a clue, I'm still refreshing my application manager every frigging day to check for update

@zeefung: based on your impressions this seems to be a small update after all, at least in terms of a general Portrait mode. I was hoping I could finally operate my Phone (note how I don't say tablet, because I also use it as a phone mainly) single handedly.

Maps seem unchanged which is a "meh" and cumbersome experience when you're driving alone - borders on dangerous, same with texting.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
dam it. i used that imei to download firmware on the nokia site and it still has the old one. nokia are really hiding it. if u wnt n900 hk and wanna reflash you wont be able to yet

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
maybe because the hong kong release required features in 1.2?
and nokia wanted to focus on releasing the device there.
We have had the n900 for ages, they havent.
Supporting arabic and other non european character sets is massively difficult, i speak from experience.
Massive kudos to nokia for doing this on the n900 for the chinese language.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
It would be nice if it sells nicely there and we have more app-developers.

Still, we have waited for two months allready. Nokia can't stall us months..

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever