Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Can nokia hire Ari Gold as head of maemo/meego? Think that could be the fire nokia need at the office.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
sweet! i need him for that......or.......Dave999!??
lol ! Dave999 is Chuck Norris!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Could you stop for just a minute with the rage?

First of all, while I do look forward to some of the bug fixes in PR1.2, it is not even a minor version - it is a major one, coming with Qt 4.6 and application development compatibility with MeeGo and Symbian 3. This will change everything for our beloved N900. It will give us Shazam, it might give ppl things like separate Skype app (I love the integrated one), it will multiply the available apps for Maemo 5.

Second, there is a huge difference between preloading a firmware in the factory and making it available for seamless OTA update. (Update being the crucial one - like not destroying your existing data and apps, right?)

Third, I couldn't find any proof that the Chinese PR1.2 is the same as the regular PR1.2 for us. They might needed to create a separate branch to quickly rush handwriting support and char support stuff in there.

Yes, I want the PR1.2 also. But I don't want to blame Nokia for a supposed PR1.2 running on the Chinese release.

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by farmatito View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to dump the HK 1.2 firmware and flash the dumped
file to our phones?
IF you can find the download i am sure 100,000 people will lol.

Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Singapore?! I had to *blue blazes* import my phone, and according to reports the N900 is NOT coming to Singapore.
not sure about that but from what i heard they already took some preorders last march 27 in singapore but marketing is not as hype mostly of the telcos are not yet offering the handset

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by hedgemonsta View Post
lol ! Dave999 is Chuck Norris!
i am?

nice

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Actually what pisses me off is the reason they give for delaying the release of this firmware. As if PR 1.2 will not have any bugs at all

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Have you friends in HK?

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If they want it in chinise. The english lanuage files may not be included in the HK version.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yes sure it is PR1.2 but no where near release for all of us here. Only China got it. Other country may have to wait atleast a few weeks from now.. Or may be months
Did those recipients in China have to sign an NDA?

It's pretty surprising that we haven't heard from one by now. (unless I missed it in all these messages).

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever