Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by THMaemo View Post
I'm so surprised of quick response in this forum haha I never seen this before !!

Thanks to all

I choose n900 first because panorana desktop I can put many thing that I want to desktop and I can use it easily and web browser, I think it the best in the market right now.

I think battery is not a problem for me, I just use it with Edge or Wifi sometime When I travel or boring, other than that it will stay in my pocket.

I don't care about media because I have ipod already, I don't use it at all.

In my day life I not use a call much just a few time in a day and a few sms. I always use in night time I always have phone call in night but I think I can charge it when I use it.

I started to love this community, and now it become a one reason that I will buy this

What you think about these, n900 is the phone for me?

I think my post is not clear sometime because of my poor English, sorry about that, I will post again and again to give my information. So everyone can discuss about it. Thanks again
Sad to say this but just about EVERYTHING you want in a device the N900 either does it badly or not at all right now so best go for another device.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
No, you must not but it, but as we can see you want to buy it, so why not?
But you must buy and Android phone, as we'll do when enough money again for getting it.

First of all, sorry about my English.

Here is my first thread is this forum, so hi everyone

I'm going to buy a new phone, and what I want is ...

1. Calendar - I just want to use calendar to remind me sometime. If it can sync with Windows Live Calendar, It will much better
DONT SYNC

2. Messenger - I like to online Windows Live Messenger all day, n900 good about this? (and Ovi Chat is it good?)
DONT WORK AT ALL

3. GPS - I never use GPS but now I want really good GPS that can take me to anywhere and not make me lost
YOU WILL NEVER GET A FIX AND BE LOST TOTALLY

4. User-friendly - I don't want a phone that hard to understand, I'm just a basic user, and use it easily so I don't want to edit with some code
USER FRIENDLY NO WAY !!!

5. SMS and MMS - I use both all the time I know that n900 can't use MMS, can I fix it or install something to make it work?
NO MMS BAD SMS

That's all I want

And last thing ...what about the future of n900, Should I buy it now or wait for a meego device? (I search many thread about this but I want the latest information. All thread that have is so old right now)

Thanks a lot
EVERYTHING is not as you want it to be please go for another device.

Someone asking whether to buy an N900 on an N900 forum with a resounding no answer! Insane if you ask me, where is the support gone?!

I want to buy it but I just want other opinion, maybe I can change my mind. and now I started to change to Android or another device. I still want many opinion.

Why no one is talk about the future of maemo ???

Thanks

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
What future? Wait for pr1.3 for end the bugfix cycle for at least eight months? And then, buy and Android?
THAT is Maemo future.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by m165 View Post
Someone asking whether to buy an N900 on an N900 forum with a resounding no answer! Insane if you ask me, where is the support gone?!
It's mostly the support for the device that is the reason for my: "don't buy it now if you dont get it for a really good prize". Nokia dosen't do anything for it. It's all about the community, and thats fine. But we also need paid apps.

Well, I'll answer your questions in another opinion:

1. I use the calendar to remind me of things, works well for me, never tried syncing though, never had too!

2. I connect to MSN, Facebook Chat, and can be signed in all day. Integrates into your contacts and normal message, very seemless.

3. Never had to use the GPS yet, couldn't comment.

4. I find the phone intuitive and very easy to use. I'm no Linux geek either.

5. SMS works brilliantly. You can get an app for MMS. No idea why the other guy said SMS is bad! It works very well!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m165 For This Useful Post:
I want to buy it but I just want other opinion, maybe I can change my mind. and now I started to change to Android or another device. I still want many opinion.

Thanks
The reason no one talks about the future of Meamo is simple, no one knows what is going to happen yet and i STRONGLY suggest you read as many threads as possible then you will realise what the problems are with the N900.

Thanks
Maemo is finished, the future is about Meego.

Looking at your list it's hard to recommend the n900 to you, but try and get some hands on time with it and make up your mind then.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy n900?, buy now or later?, contagious!!, do not get it!!, emeni should not buy, maemo 10 = real phone, n900 helicopter, stay away!!!, swine flu!!, wait for harmattan?, wait for meego?, wait for n920?, what's a compter?