Closed Thread
Originally Posted by HD.Canson View Post
pppl here comes my next problem after flashed back to 1.1

My phone cant recognize my sim card
Look at the post just above yours.

Hope you're not screwed.

You may find that your sim card is no longer recognised do not panic this is just because you need to update your n900 . Do this by either connecting to wireless lan at your home and using the app manager update accross the internet or plugging the phone into the computer and using the nokia suite to update it over the internet. The latter i have not tested.

Last edited by jamie721; 2010-05-02 at 16:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HD.Canson View Post
pppl here comes my next problem after flashed back to 1.1

My phone cant recognize my sim card
haha "nokia is only holding PR1.2 back and it has been 110% complete for months now"

told you so. I hope your example opens other peoples eyes and make them not to install fw from random suspicious servers.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
haha "nokia is only holding PR1.2 back and it has been 110% complete for months now"

told you so. I hope your example opens other peoples eyes and make them not to install fw from random suspicious servers.....
While his situation is ironic, I wouldn't laugh at the guy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
You may find that your sim card is no longer recognised do not panic this is just because you need to update your n900 . Do this by either connecting to wireless lan at your home and using the app manager update accross the internet or plugging the phone into the computer and using the nokia suite to update it over the internet. The latter i have not tested.
ooohhhmmmm. NSU can only UPDATE your current fw with newer fw. Try to people now understand:
When you flash your phone with the latest fw there is no going back to older fw on behalf of cell phone module. You cant downgrade your cell phone module part of fw with older.

I saw this coming. Hahahahahah

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slender View Post
ooohhhmmmm. NSU can only UPDATE your current fw with newer fw. Try to people now understand:
When you flash your phone with the latest fw there is no going back to older fw on behalf of cell phone module. You cant downgrade your cell phone module part of fw with older.
Well, if one manages to downgrade his fm from flasher, it is possible to install same version on top of it with the Nokia software updater tool.

Apparantly flashing to this new leaked PR1.2 version will make your cellphone inoperable if you try to go back to 1.1.1.

So if you flash to this leaked PR1.2 and have trouble, going backwards will work but you will be unable to make or receive phone calls.

Be advised.

I have not done this, I am merely reporting it to those who think they may want to try it.

ALSO: Reflashing BACK to the leaked version does NOT fix the problem. - EDIT - Restarting the N900 after going back to leaked PR1.2 does fix the issue, but you're stuck with this version of PR1.2.

Possible fix for cellphone if you rollback. I have not tried this myself, egoshin gets credit if it works: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=45

Last edited by chemist; 2010-05-03 at 08:12.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Who has said this?
My Site and Blog

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France

Closed Thread

Tags
fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, problem, troubleshooting