Closed Thread
Why again are we calling this an RC? I mean, this is the firmware that is being sold in HK right?

Also, while important to understand that a downgrade renders the gsm radio unusable, this was already the case with previous firmwares as was stated before in this and many other threads.

Finally, I don't think installing 1.2"RC"(HK) is going to leave any of us stuck without option to upgrade to 1.2"NA" or 1.2"Global".

This is why we all bought the N900, so someone in some country can seed a firmware, we can talk about it, then decide whether to use it for ourselves.

p.s. I guess I'm just sick of all the China bashing.

There are those who will not board a plane because sometimes there's a plane crash.
There are those who will not use a taxi cab becouse they don't know the history of the driver.

I'm also sure there are some who will not breath because there're not sure what poisonous gases have escaped into the atmosphere.

Let the BOLD lead and the TIMID follow.... Each has his place.

There are risks associated with every activity of our daily lives.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fixfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
This is an unstable, buggy and outdated(more than one mounth) beta.
Two possibilities:
-Stay with it and wait for the true 1.2
-Downgrade to 1.1.1, loose SIM card support and wait for the true 1.2
To restore the cell module firmware after downgrade to PR1.1.1 - just use this post

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=45

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Dude.

You're screwed. This isn't the "stable" Hong Kong version. It's an old beta version of PR1.2 that got leaked somehow and now a bunch of fools and impatient folks have it running on their N900's.

As has already been stated, you're going to have to live with it until the normal version is released unless you don't care about your cellphone. Going back to 1.1.1 will disable your cellphone. So you're pretty much stuck with a crappy unstable version of PR1.2.

Hope it was worth it.
To restore your cellphone after downgrading back to PR1.1.1 - use this post:

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
i have the new pr 1.2 rc version....

Originally Posted by Konceptz View Post
Why again are we calling this an RC? I mean, this is the firmware that is being sold in HK right?

Also, while important to understand that a downgrade renders the gsm radio unusable, this was already the case with previous firmwares as was stated before in this and many other threads.

Finally, I don't think installing 1.2"RC"(HK) is going to leave any of us stuck without option to upgrade to 1.2"NA" or 1.2"Global".

This is why we all bought the N900, so someone in some country can seed a firmware, we can talk about it, then decide whether to use it for ourselves.

p.s. I guess I'm just sick of all the China bashing.
you can't be sure this is the HK firmware. has anyone with a HK imei confirmed this?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
i haven't but some on the forum have and are missing sms logs
Yes, I read that too. But no problems here...
I suppose than the ones with pr1.1.1 must downgrade to pr1.1 until bugfixes then...
Maemo5 is FULL OF BUGS. Always.
I don't encourage nobody to "upgrade"
But don't be cinycal, I'm not trolling, but "eh, boys, you are crazy, there're bugs!" speaking about maemo5 is ironically.

I love features and can survive possible issues.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
To restore your cellphone after downgrading back to PR1.1.1 - use this post:

There we go..... a solution already.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
Both a reflash and re-restore haven't helped. The problem isn't just that it's not restoring the communication history, it's also not saving any new items.

Any other ideas? Does anyone know where the communication db is stored so i can try deleting it totally?
Don't know if someone have mentioned this.. but you should try to reflash both RX-51 and Vanilla. It might have been caused by some program you had before.

Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
I suppose than the ones with pr1.1.1 must downgrade to pr1.1 until bugfixes then...
No, you don't need it. To restore an old SIM/cellphone/3G firmware just use this:

apt-get install --reinstall cmt-firmware-rx51=8.2.2009.47-1.97+0m5

Until an official PR1.2 is released - it is available in Nokia repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, problem, troubleshooting