Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
you can't compare pirated firmware and extras-devel. are you serious?

e: if you install stuff outside nokia and maemo extras, there is no one else to blame.

community has enough work helping people out who face regular bugs etc, so people who flashed something from megauploads.com or similar can IMO be left sailing to a raft in the middle of a sea....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-03 at 09:45.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I flashed the leaked PR1.2 onto my N900 and I couldnt be happier I even overclocked it with Titan's Kernel. It feels like i got a brand new phone everything is faster and it seems battery lasts longer in idle. Also Conky says my phone is running alot less processes with no programs running than with PR1.1.1

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@gerbick: lol.. I was afraid if your story involve a walmart greeter at first... turned out it's literally about that.

Anyway I'm happy that the ol' pedometer still works
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Just took a quick look at the file and noticed this:

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.12-9_PR_MR0
14>2.6.28-20101103+0

So I would guess that it was compiled on 11th March.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
In order for people to help you, they'll have to be in the same position as you. I've seen some fixes here and there; but that's the risk you run using unsigned, unknown stuff.

I hope it will all be better for you shortly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
you can't compare pirated firmware and extras-devel. are you serious?

e: if you install stuff outside nokia and maemo extras, there is no one else to blame.

community has enough work helping people out who face regular bugs etc, so people who flashed something from megauploads.com or similar can IMO be left sailing to a raft in the middle of a sea....
I am not comparing it, I am saying that what's done is done,
And instead of being rude and aggressive, we should help each other.
Anyway, the rest of your comment gives away your stable opinion, and I have nothing more to say about it.

Edit : And I am definitely not looking to blame anyone but myself for flashing. And I have a few points in my defense.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by eitama; 2010-05-03 at 09:50.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Hell yeah we are.

Nokia warrants their products (hardware, software, services) on things they CERTIFY only. That means that they've put it through sufficient QA (quality assurance) process to put their brands on them and stand 100% behind the product.

Unfortunately that 'PR1.2 RC' was swiped from behind the scene somehow and is not something that is 'stamped' with Nokia's 'blessing'.

You reap what you sow... or something.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-05-03 at 09:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Even if the firmware released it was the "real" PR firmware people would spend their time
1) complainting about how unfinished the software is , why they had to wait so long for such a crappy release
2) calling others complaining about any bug found or even flash / backup restore related issue stupid and inpatient to flash the first hour of availability
"You should always wait till user reports say it is safe, you pay the price of being the early adopter etc..."

For myself it is very simple. Nokia somewhere has stated we could do whatever we like with this device. I have been overclocking and flashing expensive devices since my first 3DFX Voodoo 1 and Pentium 120 , even a S3Virge DX card did not escape at the time.
Nobody needs to explain the rules of the game and if this place is not the place to ask for help and learn about our toys , the what is it?

For now this firmware just works better than the previous one.

Being called stupid because later some game might show not working? Installing the Meego command prompt release and complaining the phone does not work: that would be stupid.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
I am not comparing it, I am saying that what's done is done,
And instead of being rude and aggressive, we should help each other.
Anyway, the rest of your comment gives away your stable opinion, and I have nothing more to say about it.

Edit : And I am definitely not looking to blame anyone but myself for flashing. And I have a few points in my defense.
I am saying that you are on your own to start with and then you could remove the stupid comparision to extras-devel from the first post...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Yea. You spoke from my heart!
Perhaps we should create a .bin which when flashed to the device erases everything on it. We would put it on megaupload or stuff, and we could claim that it is the new PR 2.0.

That lesson would teach people to NEVER trust stuff like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality