Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slender View Post
People should take responsibility of their own actions.
Quoted for emphasis.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
@gerbick: One harmless answer might have been.. I think I love you baby, after PR1.3 gets released I am all yours
Lord. At this rate, she'll be over the hill before that happens

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by vickyg View Post
for god sake this is open source world there is noting called "leaked" in opensource world. If nokia want to keep such secrets then it will be better to stick with there crap phone. why the hell they released a Opensource phone when they don't understand what opensource is..
You can download its source, and stuff, of the open source components from their source code repositories.

You can even download the binaries from the SDK repository.

However, the fact that it is open source, doesn't mean that people should be messing around with it.
At least, no end users.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
This analogy does not work well.

This leaked fw was newer and with more fixes and enhancements than PR 1.1.1. So maybe you should say it was cooked properly but "possibly" with some stale ingredients. To me, it tasted just fine with no stomach aches even after 24 hours.

N900 was near raw when released. PR 1.1.1 is still a little undercooked. This leaked firmware is better cooked imho. I know coz I've tasted it myself. From this experience, I've learned that official build of PR1.2 will be quite a tasty meal.
More features != more mature.

A big part of quality assurance is to make sure that all the new components (newly merged codebranches, etc) can work together well and test them in as many situations as possible.

We don't even know the exact testing platforms used. Perhaps the test phones have certain features (or lack thereof) that makes it easier to reflash or getaround certain issues, so they leave out the safeties.

Etc.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I thought N900 isn't a 100% open source phone. (I believe quite a few areas are closed source. Drivers etc)

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Let me phrase the question differently- just as "food for thought" for all those critical of the OP.
How many of you, that didn't flash their phones - because they are responsible people - followed the threads of those who did, in order to try and see whether it worked and what is good and bad about FW1.2?
If you did, aren't you building on the experience and gumption of those who had the guts to try? Are you hoping that any bugs that were exposed by those who tried will be fixed by Nokia before the release?
So why be self-righteous?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oved_etzot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by volt View Post
The way I read the firmware version number here is, like Venemo suggests:

RX-51_2009SE_10. 2010 Week 12 Build 9 Public Release... I have no idea what MR stands for but MR0 would be something like Mobile/Marketing Region 0 - Global.

However, the date you found would suggest week 10.
Actually, no matter if it is 11 or 12. It was ~2 months ago.

CONCLUSION: It is not the RC as most people believe it is, but more likely one of the alpha, or early beta builds.

I'm not trying it.
BTW, stuff like this is the BEST way for hackers to embed trojans, keyloggers, and other sh*t.
(At least, if I were an evil person, this is exacly how I would do it.)

(The same applies for the pirated versions of Windows coming from unknown sources. Most of them are full of malware.)

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Well, if you look at the firmware downloads @ nokia (tablets-dev.nokia.com) you'll see that all the Global releases are MR0 and the others are XXX. So I'd say volt's assumption at least appears correct.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
gerbick, I had a similar experience, but in my case "she" wasn't too young, but a shemale. ^^

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality