Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Causing WHAT damage? I'm very interested to see some hints...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by oskarmat View Post
Let's try another "resemblance": It's a bit like invading someone else's house and decide to live there, without any right of sort. And then blaming the people criticing you for what you've done.
Rings a bell?
That doesn't work for me. I own my N900 as I paid for it. So I believe I own the "land". House is built for free by Nokia. Like a package deal. They also provide free renovation of the house regularly. This leaked fw is like a early copy of the blueprint for the next renovation which somehow has gone public before they finalized it. Now some houses are renovated using that blueprint prior to their regular schedule.....

Analogy in general is never perfect. Mine isn't either. Let's just not do them.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd say that with the modem firmware being updated in an odd way that disallows going back to PR1.1.1 and thus losing access to your SIM card, I'd call that a very bad thing.

In this case, the details will come out shortly more than likely. For now, I'd say trust him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
That doesn't work for me. I own my N900 as I paid for it. So I own the "land". House is built for free by Nokia. Like a package deal. They also provide free renovation of the house regularly. This leaked fw is like a early copy of the blueprint for the next renovation which somehow has gone public before they finalized it. Now some houses are renovated using that blueprint prior to their regular schedule.....

Analogy in general is never perfect. Mine isn't either. Let's just not do them.
the PR is technically stolen. so I can go and stole my neighbours furnitures. and sue him if I hit my knee to a kitchen table?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Modem Firmware Downgrade Bug is NOT an issue of this leaked firmware! It was there before...
Again the question: WHAT damages are caused by the leaked FW?

Edit: At the moment i don't trust Nokia at all! Selling me this incomplete device and not releasing the fixes immediately or even telling when they will be released. NOT customer friendly at all!

Last edited by mankir; 2010-05-03 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to mankir For This Useful Post:
another thing i really like about the leaked pr 1.2 beta is that on the swipe to unlock screen you now get missed call alerts and message alerts

ie an envelope with 3 next to it shows 3 unread sms

simple but effective

:-)

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Yea. You spoke from my heart!
Perhaps we should create a .bin which when flashed to the device erases everything on it. We would put it on megaupload or stuff, and we could claim that it is the new PR 2.0.

That lesson would teach people to NEVER trust stuff like that.
People like you posting this stupid non-sence should first of all be banned from here by making these ideas about bricking other peoples phones.

And second of all people who are not helping or saying its our fault are to lame and scared themselfs to try the firmware. i dont care . this 1.2 is the best firmware update ever made. If someone makes one that deletes my whole n900 then i reflash it again to a stable version.

I agree with the poster of this thread. Nokia had its time to finish this god forsaken 1.2 version but failed to release it. I hear people say, but they need to test it first so that it is stable when released.... Well i have never seen a rock solid firmware update comming out of nokia's hands. There is alwasy something wrong with it. If they want to make it perfect then they better stop releasing firmware updates... they will never manage that.

aside of that, testing a firmware updates can be done in 2 days. within 2 days i can tell exactly what is wrong with it. Give it 1 month to fix these problems... but how long are we waiting now?

Last edited by sygys; 2010-05-03 at 12:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
the PR is technically stolen. so I can go and stole my neighbours furnitures. and sue him if I hit my knee to a kitchen table?
That's a bad analogy and you know it.

1. Nobody sued Nokia I believe.
2. PR is technically free to consumers of N900. (Neighbours furniture isn't)

I know what you and others are trying to get at and I don't disagree 100%. But the way some of you behave is more annoying than the people on the other side of the fence. No need to treat people here like they are all 5 year olds and insult them and make fun of. (maybe not you, but some others do)

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
N900 + pr1.2 = best smartphone on the market!!!

I dont think the updates are irriversible but you just have to know how you need to do it!

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality