Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I couldn't find the file specification but maybe more info can be stored in the source files

keepass Source:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/files/
keepassX:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepassx/files/

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeePass
http://keepass.info/help/base/index.html

or maybe asking in the forums...

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Austin, TX, USA
daperezg, to be honest I don't think I have the time to implement direct support for another database format.

However, the FAQ on http://www.keepassx.org/faq mentions that KeePassX has an XML export format.

It should be much easier to write a desktop application that converts the KeepAssX XML export format to TrustMe's database as a one-way conversion. Would something like this be useful to you?

Henning

Originally Posted by henningspruth View Post
It should be much easier to write a desktop application that converts the KeepAssX XML export format to TrustMe's database as a one-way conversion. Would something like this be useful to you?
It would be very useful to me! I use KeePass on my desktop computer as my "master copy" of passwords & I would love to be able to just copy this over to my N810. In fact, that's just about the only feature I care about in an N810 password app. If you could code something, I would be willing to test it & maybe even tweak it.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
It would be very useful to me! I use KeePass on my desktop computer as my "master copy" of passwords & I would love to be able to just copy this over to my N810. In fact, that's just about the only feature I care about in an N810 password app. If you could code something, I would be willing to test it & maybe even tweak it.
I'll try looking into it this weekend.

Are you using KeePass on Windows or keepassx on Linux on your desktop? I can create example data on Linux, but am not sure if its XML export format is identical to the Windows version - if you use Windows, can you send me an example dummy export file?

Henning

Are you using KeePass on Windows or keepassx on Linux on your desktop? I can create example data on Linux, but am not sure if its XML export format is identical to the Windows version - if you use Windows, can you send me an example dummy export file?
I'm using KeePass on Windows.

The attached tar contains three dummy files: TXT, XML, and CSV. Trying to be thorough. I chose all available fields for this export, but as you probably know it's possible for people to select different combinations of fields. The tar also contains a screen shot of my export options dialog.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help!
Attached Files
File Type: tar DummyKeePass.tar (25.5 KB, 68 views)

buurmas,

Please do the following:

1. Download TrustMeDesktop.jar from the garage using this link:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...tMeDesktop.jar

2. Launch it. You will need to have Java installed on your machine, on my Windows XP installation I could just double click on the .jar file. On Linux, you run "java -jar TrustMeDesktop.jar".

3. The GUI comes up. Specify the name of your .db file (can be an existing one, or a new file). For a new file, specify the password to use (twice).

4. In the GUI's File menu, select "Import KeepAss XML", then select the XML file created with KeepAss.

5. Exit TrustMeDesktop and copy the specified .db file to your table, storing it as /home/user/.trustme/default.db

Please let me know if this works!

Thank you! I'm trying to start from a blank TrustMe database. Using TrustMe on my tablet, I created a new blank database file. This was, apparently, stored here: /home/user/.trustme/default.db. I transferred this to my computer and tried to open it with the jar file. I got this error message (which I will try to type correctly):

Coult not parse database: Header mismatch: expected '#TrustMe 1', found '#TrustMe 1'
The message doesn't seem correct, since the expected and found strings appear to be identical.

When I open the file in a text editor, I see this as the first line (the second line is jibberish, presumably the password stored in an encrypted format):

#TrustMe 1
I'll post more if I can determine more.

The .db files start with the string "#TrustMe 1" as a file type indicator, followed by a random number (the "salt" - check Wikipedia if interested). The rest of the file is encrypted with a hash of the user's password and the salt. When decrypting this, you get text lines starting again with "#TrustMe 1". By checking for this 2nd occurrence of the string, the tool decides whether you provided the correct password or not.

However, the error message points to the first "#TrustMe 1" string not being found ... strange. I'll try to repeat this problem tonight. Have you also tried creating a .db file containing at least one entry?

However, the error message points to the first "#TrustMe 1" string not being found ... strange. I'll try to repeat this problem tonight. Have you also tried creating a .db file containing at least one entry?
Thanks for your response. That's my next step. I'll let you know.

buurmas,

I was not able to reproduce the behavior that you see - I created .db files with no entries or one entry on my N810, copied them to the desktop, and was able to open them both on Linux and Windows XP using the JAR file.

The following should help tracking this down:

1. Can you send me the dummy database you created on your tablet, and its password?

2. On the desktop, can you create a new .db file using the JAR file, exit the program, and then open it?

3. If #2 doesn't work - can you send me the .db file as well?

4. What is your Java version? You can find out by running "cmd" on Windows, and typing "java -version". I'm using 1.6.0 (but everything from 1.5.0 should be fine).

Henning