Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
are you sure you could receive calls when using Ovi maps prior to PR1.2 in the same sircumstances?
Just tested:
-device receives mobile calls with Maps on Wifi and sattelite lock (which it gets really quick since the upgrade)
-device does not receive calls same as above but with 2.5g dataconnection
-device DOES receive calls same as above but with 3g dataconnection

Conclusion:

this is not a 1.2 bug but a technicall limitation of Edge 2.5G dataconnections.
I know because I got frustrated by not receiving calls due to this very issue months ago.
I can receive the calls, I just cant answer them due to the UI becoming unresponsive. I can see who is calling yet when I click answer nothing happens, when I click the screen, nothing happens. The same thing used to happen on PR1.1 when playing Quake 3.

It appears, atleast on my N900 that Maps has taken a higher priority on top of Calls.

Who knows why this happens, oh well, thanks for trying it.
You are correct about 2.5G, you need 3G or better to have simultaneous voice and data. 2G only supports one or the other at a time.

The great thing about this leaked is, now you can set SMS only to mobile contacts, so for SMS blasting, no more prompting you to choose mobile or home contacts.
Would be great if they can assign primary mobile contact. For those who carry more than 1 lines, we can't remember which is the primary line.

Facebook Chat Account is now built in (using same concept as previous Jabber), but problem is, have to merge everything AGAIN....
Still no MSN, Yahoo, etc built in. If future, MSN or LIVE is built in, we need to merge again, unless it can intelligently detect those 3rd party plugins account settings (similar email/account id).

Still NO contacts grouping, NO rigntone assignment to individual contacts/groups.
No options to keep conversations/sms into some folder (e.g. Forwarded SMS - Jokes, Greetings, etc which you can keep into specific folder to be re-use next time).
Still only have 2 profiles, General and Silent and very/extremely simple profile.

Maps still doesn't allow saving of locations/POI...

What else?

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
using PR1.2 my email takes about 3 to 4 times longer to check. No reboots yet. In the text fields of large web pages that have a lot to render I have to tap the keys really fast otherwise it switches to symbols(okcupid's website). My battery went from full to empty in about 4 hours but I think that may have had something to do with the wifi search being in 10 minute intervals and the fact that I was browsing a lot AND hitting the check email button every 5 minutes.

Video comparison between two N900s side by side (PR1.1.1 vs PR1.2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbDs9gNT_eI

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
How many of you are still running the leaked firmware im still running it with no issues im just going to wait for the offical release before flashing it again.

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
How many of you are still running the leaked firmware im still running it with no issues im just going to wait for the offical release before flashing it again.
still running here at 900mghz, no issues so far.. waiting to flash the official one

running it no probs, and happy with it

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
actually i do have 2 issues

1. my data plan monitor widget doesnt seem to work? its on the screen but its still diisplaying no data entry..

2. the conversations widget was installed but when i try to add it to my desktop its not there at all...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Girona, Spain
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
actually i do have 2 issues

1. my data plan monitor widget doesnt seem to work? its on the screen but its still diisplaying no data entry..

2. the conversations widget was installed but when i try to add it to my desktop its not there at all...
About the first point it seems they have introduced 2 data counts in the system (domestic data count and roaming data count), like we could see in Phone Section in Settings.
So I suppose that the widget will be updated to support this change.

Originally Posted by netoak View Post
About the first point it seems they have introduced 2 data counts in the system (domestic data count and roaming data count), like we could see in Phone Section in Settings.
So I suppose that the widget will be updated to support this change.
I doubt it will be updated now, until official PR1.2 is released.

On the other hand, funny that there is built in widget for Email but not Conversations.

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality