Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

I like Macuco too, but in my experience I can't use it for more than a minute or two at a time, until I click on some link and it throws up a "dialog" at the bottom of the screen saying "link error" and "undefined" with a "retry" button. Sometimes the dialog stays up so I can actually press the button, most often it just pops in and out, either way the app goes "poof" and I'm back to the desktop.

Am I doing something wrong ?...

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
is there any way to change the default browser to iPad as well, it could be useful considering there is a new Gmail "Web App" for it.

http://lifehacker.com/5508260/how-to...r-old-computer

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by lostinmirkwood View Post
is there any way to change the default browser to iPad as well, it could be useful considering there is a new Gmail "Web App" for it.

http://lifehacker.com/5508260/how-to...r-old-computer
I just tried but it won't work as it is. In order to scroll vertically the panels google is relying on gestures. Macuco can't emulate them (yet?).

I need to figure out (or somebody else can help me?) how to fake trigger the webkit gesture events. If possible would allow the n900 to behave exactly like the iphone browser minus the "pinch" gesture.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
The version of Macuco that for Diablo does not work for me - it starts up ok but it is not able to log in to gmail, voice, etc.

Any chance of having this version looked at as well?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It does work for google apps you just need to select goto, and type the normal url for your google gmail app login page - google will recognize the browser and adjust the interface acordingly..
perfect, thanks for the info. Works like a charm!
Macuco seems a bit fickle about registering a click (so basically you have to use your nail for macuco to register a click) where as the inbuilt browser is more lenient.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
perfect, thanks for the info. Works like a charm!
Macuco seems a bit fickle about registering a click (so basically you have to use your nail for macuco to register a click) where as the inbuilt browser is more lenient.
I am glad you said that. I struggle with it but because nobody had said anything (yet) I thought it could be a problem with me or my n900. That is the top one on my list.

I tried downloading but it said
"Unable to Install. Conflicting application packages".
i go to look at the details and it states:
'Conflict with application packages: libqt4-maemo5 (4.6.2-git20100203-0maemo1)

Im a novice on mameo and linux programming so i havent got a clue what i need to do to correct this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by dbs11 View Post
I tried downloading but it said
"Unable to Install. Conflicting application packages".
i go to look at the details and it states:
'Conflict with application packages: libqt4-maemo5 (4.6.2-git20100203-0maemo1)

Im a novice on mameo and linux programming so i havent got a clue what i need to do to correct this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Uninstall qt 4.6.2 and any packages that use it.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Sometimes when I click on links in my gmail acc, It says Unknown Link Error, but when I press on Ok- it simply continues to load up the page.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by solidvox View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm using PR 1.1. Removed all apps from devel and testing repos but I still get the same error. Any ideas which app could cause that problem?
At some point you installed a qt app from devel that updated your version of qt on your device you need to get ride of that but since libs don't show up in app manager you need to do it in command line.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.