Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
So far no problems with leaked 1.2 here.
Leaked, yes. PR1.2 RC, not even close.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lpotter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by lpotter View Post
Leaked, yes. PR1.2 RC, not even close.
I'm glad it's not even close as this leaked fw is much better than PR1.1.1 and if even this is still very premature, I can only expect the official PR1.2 to be even better. can I ask, do you know if it'll be released this month at least?

btw. you are up early. I'm in Sydney. =P

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Could someone post a screenshot of the new email widget? Sorry if it has already been posted but those 1.2 threads are too fast!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I flashed the leaked PR1.2 because I thought it was valid Nokia-release. Topic named as "PR1.2 IS RELEASED!!" lead me to some blog from where I downloaded the firmware. First I checked tablets-dev from Nokia and thought that it's just not there yet.

Anyways. Seems like PR1.2 has made the battery last much better than earlier version. I charged my phone full almost 48 hours ago. It now shows that I still got ~3/4 of battery remaining. I've been using my phone relatively much. Normally it would had shut down already.

Rootfs has 97.3M available versus before flashing I had ~20M. Almost all same applications installed.

So far, I've had only one problem. Earlier today I received a call which I couldn't end. I just wasn't able to bring front the Phone-application.

Looking pretty promising.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
I flashed the leaked PR1.2 because I thought it was valid Nokia-release. Topic named as "PR1.2 IS RELEASED!!" lead me to some blog from where I downloaded the firmware. First I checked tablets-dev from Nokia and thought that it's just not there yet.
Your recollection of that thread differs greatly from mine. Mind you, I am getting on a bit.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
So far, I've had only one problem. Earlier today I received a call which I couldn't end. I just wasn't able to bring front the Phone-application.
I again have a grave suspicion about thumbnailerd and renderer. It consumes whole memory and it takes 10-20secs to swap out it before you are able to answer.

This happened long before, on PR1.0

Good news that it will not repeat after thumbnailerd processes all media files. But you may need reboot after that.

Last edited by egoshin; 2010-05-04 at 20:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
btw, this leaked fw has much faster volume changing. Holding down or up flies across the volume bar. It's much better imo.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, FINLAND
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I dropped my phone in the toilet this weekend (it's now dead) and now i come on TMO to find out that PR1.2 is effectively out.
Hey!!! you can get it to work with either of these tricks:

- put atleast a litre of rice in a container be it tupperware box or something else like a bowl and put your n900 in the bowl. make it dive

- wait for 3days

- now it should work

- Get the n900 disassembly manual PDF,using google

- get a torx #6 screw driver

- disassemble the phone.

- when you take the screws off you might break some of them since they are ment to be used only once but some of them will take the heat alright.

- put the parts in the oven and set the heat to really low so that it gets to about 70 celsius.

- keep the parts in the owen for atleast an hour.

- assemble and everything should work

+ you can wash most of the parts using tap water or distilled water(if thats the english word for purified water) if the thing got "shitty and or pissy"

GOOD LUCK!!!

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ktm @uk
wow... now on pr1.2L .deb files can be downloaded through app. manager..
Attached Images

Last edited by rawutt; 2010-05-04 at 21:36.

Originally Posted by rawutt View Post
wow... now on pr1.2L .deb files can be downloaded through app. manager..
Wasn't that always the case?

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality