Active Topics

^^ I also experienced that ^^

Some of my contacts are stored with international numbers, 00, 1, 91's blah blah. I"ll just have to manually enter the number for now.

AWESOME work on this. Really great stuff.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
for me doesnt work with +48xxxxx and all numbers I have in my adress book are with with country prefix. with 0xxxx works fine

I even can't correct that number which was taken from the book

Last edited by raverpol; 2010-05-04 at 23:28.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Doesnt work for me either... My contacts are stored with intl prefix and when i choose one of them by name, program shows +38163xxxxxx but when i click on send notification says sending to 0038163xxxxxx and nothing happens, nothing received...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland

now i can hold a pint and drunkenly harass distant women at the same time!

i owe you a pint or 2 ossi! should i pour it in an envelope and post it to you or do u accept paypal? :P

for people who accidentally press the send button when aiming for 1 or 2 - if you do the message before choosing the contact it will avoid embarrasing yourself with a premature text!
dont think its been mentioned but would be nice if holding down delete button worked.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Richardson, TX
Hi, first off i would like to thank you for this great app.

I was just wondering do u think in the future it would be possible to add all the text you send to the original conversations of n900. This is because i like the conversations option a lot and how it keeps a record of everything very organized.

So what do you think will it be possible in the future or not ?

Thanks for the great app

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
great app!

All we need now is T9.

Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
great app!

All we need now is T9.
or integration with conversations.

Is conversations closed source?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Great work on this app Ossipena, Aspidites and Qwerty12 this application will be a godsend for many of us users. Is there any chance that a mini qwerty keyboard could be provided as an alternate input method?
I just did a crude mock-up while doing my homework...

Obviously needs some work, but hey, it was basically a doodle...

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Is conversations closed source?
Yes, it is, all the core (Nokia) applications are closed source, I believe.

The time and 3G coverage was sponsored by festivalnut.
Attached Images

Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-05 at 02:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
I'm sure there is a way to hack the entries into the sqlite dB for Conversations to poll it. It'd be crude, ugly, against "API" (what API?) - but it'd work.

No idea if the author would want to do this and not have it available other than a private repo though.

Either way, great stuff here, again.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I finally received a test text and I think i've figured out what was wrong with sending my other texts. The number you're sending to needs to have the country code in front of it.

For example, in UK the number should start "+44", then drop the first '0', then carry on with the rest of the number, e.g. if the number you want to send to is 077******** and you use that then it fails to send. It seems you'd need to use "+4477********" for this app to work.
this is strange. it should work with plain number (045...), plus (+35845...), or double zero as plus (0035845...) when I tested.

that could be depending from your operator and it not being accepting non-international markup of number. I have saunalahti finland and all possible (right) ways to input a number seems to work. but I can see if there is a easy way to check if number isn't in international format and convert it to one... could be hard though, and one miss in code could mean your text go abroad and pay for possibly pretty expensive messages in your phone bill..

and my next concern is to save the messages somewhere. probably to the same db conversations is using.

I'll post a new thread for this, lets keep this thread for more technical stuff. feature requests, feedback etc go to new thread.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-05 at 03:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:

Tags
portrait sms, python