Closed Thread
Let's write our own pr1.2 and sell it to nokia O_O

It will be released when Microsoft ports Windows phone 7 to N900

maybe nokia is making software alterations for the N900 to work on the moon or mars ??

or simply they are including the ideal kernel in

or the software engineer is dead.

Titties and beer. Great big titties and beer. Thank God I ain't queer.

These guys are ignorant. The market changes so fast they need to work a little overtime. In just a few short weeks a new group of advanced phones will be hitting the market. iphone 4g, htc evo 4g with video chat, win 7 phones, etc. This N900 will be considered a brick right out of the gate!!

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
IM trying to change on of my thread titles but its not working????????????????????????? how do you change a thread title. i might be missing something

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ San Jose CA, USA
I think I know what is going on with 1.2.
Nokia is waiting for this tread to become so large that it will overshadow Twitter, Facebook and MySpace put together.
In a month the tread will be the new hit in the social networking and they can spin it of as a separate site.
At that point you will think that Nokia will release 1.2?
Naaa ... they will develop "an App for that" and will sell it on iTunes for 19.99.
Facebook, Twitter and MySpace will have no choice but to join forces and release 1.3 version if they want to stay relevant (and stop this madness).
It is an ingenious approach. Make money while your competitors are working for you.
I say let's beat them all and develop a widget for this tread before anybody else is able to monetarize it!

Originally Posted by turd furgasen View Post
win 7 phones
2011 for those, but yeah. New hardware comes out all the time... the N8, for example, will be due out very soon if the leaks are true.

I'm sure the 2.1 firmware will be released at some point.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
This is how apple and nokia announce firmware updates

Apple
-http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/
-could be any time within the period stated but creates a lot of hype. Brainwashing works. Learn something here nokia

Nokia
-Nothing official on nokia website
-Nothing a newbie/general simple public can discover
-Nothing the general non tech public can get excited about (brainwashed)
-Only for techies who know where to look and find

how many people do you know who own nokia's and are not techie???? now how many of those people update their firmware??? not many. i dont know any down here. when the N95 was huge every unit i saw had the first firmware

now. how many idiots who own iphone's update their firmware. everyone

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-05-06 at 03:44.

Chuck Norris just told me that PR1.2 comes available at 7/2010 and it changes ui to 3D. Nokia also sends 3D glasses for everyone who has purchased N900.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever