Active Topics

Notices

gnumeric is the best for spreadsheets. yes it is ported to n900

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=gnumeric

I found it. The thread above goes through the more painful install via root. It's also available through the N900 applications install menu when you activate the maemo-devel catalogue.
Unfortunately, when you search the "Downloads" or the base areas of maemo.org for Gnumeric, you get nothing. Wish projects in -devel, -testing, etc at least showed up so you'd know they were in the works!

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Please don't shoot me as I'm not whining, just asking.....

Would like to install if possible the following if they're available for N900:

- Spreadsheet app

- ereader app - that can read commercially sold books.

Ereader app from ereader.com is available for Symbian, Linux, etc, but not for maemo....

- GTD (Task Mgmnt..)

Would be great to something beyond a simple ToDo List app, ie, an app that would allow tagging of items ala GTD system

For example, I've been using apps such as:

Mac/PC/Linux - ThinkingRock

PC - FusionDesk

Mac - TheHitList....

If any of these available, would appreciate a pointer to where I can get them....

Thanks!

Mark
I installed the GarnetVM (Palm Emulator) just to use the ereader program for my purchased books (some going all the way back to Peanut Press days). I haven't seen how well MobiPocket Reader worked but it did install.

There are several Garnet threads in the Alternatives thread. I've had success with about half of my Palm apps, most of which were from my Visor and TRGPro days. Maybe one of the GTD apps would work for you on that?

Terry

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by terryowen View Post
I installed the GarnetVM (Palm Emulator) just to use the ereader program for my purchased books (some going all the way back to Peanut Press days). I haven't seen how well MobiPocket Reader worked but it did install.

There are several Garnet threads in the Alternatives thread. I've had success with about half of my Palm apps, most of which were from my Visor and TRGPro days. Maybe one of the GTD apps would work for you on that?

Terry
Excellent suggestion, Terry, will check that out...

Thanks!

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800