Hello everyone

I am trying to connect my n900 to my office network
the network based windows server 2003 with simple tp-link router.

in my tp-link i set vpn enable (its the only vpn option)
in my windows server i run the network wizard and set up vpn dailer in listen mode (now the pc waiting for connections)

The part I need your help is the phone client, what software i need to install and how to config?

I tried to use "open vpn" but he ask some config files, i dont have tham, the only "vpn" option in my tp- link is enable/disble.......

I found a few more applications for it but from what I understand they designed for ather routers like sisco, chekpoint etc.

I'm looking for a simple program which listened address, username, and password and connect me automatically to the network (such as creating a dial-up connection in windows)
with app in the list i should use.

I'm not familiar enough in networks and My English is a bit weak, so try to detail as possible

thank you!

Last edited by pmedia; 2010-05-09 at 19:59.

someone can help plz?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bangalore
Even I'm searching for exactly the same! Just need a simple VPN connectivity utility which takes an ip address, username and password. Help is highly appreciated.

maybe you get so few answers because is not a simple question.

that is because windows server exposes a PPTP vpn, and the n900 does not have that kind of connection available out-of-the-box

some of us are recollecting information about PPTP in the wiki http://wiki.maemo.org/Vpn

but there isnt a noob step by step how-to yet. just a couple weeks more.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
If you want to connect to a Windows Server installation, you should use PPTP. I use this on my Linux machine to connect to the office.

PPTP relies on PPP to get an IP address and basic handshaking. There are very good guides on setting up PPTP using PPP. The first four or so hits on Google give you all you need.

OpenVPN is another implementation that uses different frameworks to get encryption and IP addresses.

And clasificado beat me to it.

Last edited by Joorin; 2010-05-10 at 10:04. Reason: Too slow

maybe the most important part ot the pptp connection is the fact that the standard n900 kernel lacks of the required modules to do the connection

so you need to flash it with a modified one.

thats why we need a our own step by step list for pptp in n900 (and n8x0, its the same thing)

I need to know about how to configure a router for different window vpn connection to establishing a connection to the other remote server. I want to play online games on minecraft server which need to be on their regional Ip address because normal or outer connection are denied by host router. I heard about hidemyass but this is new to me. Can anyone explain its working to me?

Last edited by johnsmith81; 2012-11-03 at 17:18.