Active Topics

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
it want;s to remove all open office files like writer calc and also gimp and it says that 38 files will be removed and 1 will be installed. If i understand it correct I will have the spell checking but no app in which I can use it.
You are right, I tried it myself. Don't let openoffice etc. be removed! What you need to do before installing myspell-pl is to activate the squeeze repository. Apparently myspell-pl from the stable (lenny) distribution does not go together with the rest of the packages. So before doing the above three apt-get commands, start an editor of your choice in the Debian chroot terminal and open the file /etc/apt/sources.list, e.g.
Code:
leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list
and activate the squeeze distribution by removing the # sign in the line
Code:
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free
Then try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
It works! You are great! Now I have an other problem. I would have to use some extra keys while writing ą,ę,ć,ż,ó,ź and also German umlauts. I found a compiled keyboard for Polish ą,ę etc here http://blog.adl.pl/polski-uklad-klaw...0/416#more-416 but including German umlauts is too much for me Anyway. Thanks for Your help!

Last edited by fw190; 2010-05-10 at 07:24.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, I did it again... While playing with the settings on the top toolbar
in Easy Debian I accidentally saved the setting with the tool bar
covering too much of the screen. Now I cannot reset it because the
toolbar sits on top of the gui for setting the parameters!

Some thoughts on a possible solution

1)Is there, a way to bring this gui on top?

2)Is there a config file for the tool bar that I can edit to get back to a manageable setting? I looked but could not find one.

3)Is there a way to reset things in Easy Debian to original default values?

Appreciate the help as I'd like to avoid reinstalling...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ NE-Scotland
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
An alternative to having a loop device within the ext3 partition would be to just untar the contents of the image into your ext3 partiiton if you just need it for Easy Debian. Might have an advantage regarding speed. I guess qole would be the one who has more insight here.
I already have an image with few applications installed. I would like to avoid to reinstall everything. That is why I moved it instead of simply untar it

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Now I have an other problem. I would have to use some extra keys while writing ą,ę,ć,ż,ó,ź and also German umlauts. I found a compiled keyboard for Polish ą,ę etc here http://blog.adl.pl/polski-uklad-klaw...0/416#more-416 but including German umlauts is too much for me
I am using a combination of a modified rx-51 file like you are apparently going to install and additional key bindings from xbindkeys, which is the utility behing the "Set Deb HW Keys" app. See the
Easy Debian wiki for how to add your own keybindings and some relevant links.

If you just need German umlauts, you can for example add the lines
Code:
"xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[dead_diaeresis]'"                       
   Control + u
to /home/user/.xbindkeysrc and then you can get umlauts on any vowel by successively pressing "Ctrl+u" and then the vowel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
3)Is there a way to reset things in Easy Debian to original default values?
Since the configuration of LXDE is stored in /home/user, which is not part of the image, I guess that just re-installing the easy-deb-chroot package (and not the image) might do the job.

Originally Posted by marmota View Post
I already have an image with few applications installed. I would like to avoid to reinstall everything. That is why I moved it instead of simply untar it
It's probably too late for you now, but untarring the image you have been working with would have preserved all your additional installs.

The correct way to install additional dictionaries for OpenOffice is (since version 3) through tools->extension manager. You can get new dictionaries as extensions from here:
http://extensions.services.openoffic...n/dictionaries

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taxaza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Since the configuration of LXDE is stored in /home/user, which is not part of the image, I guess that just re-installing the easy-deb-chroot package (and not the image) might do the job.
Thanks, I just noticed that you can edit the top panel settings in

~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/top

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm sorry I haven't been around much... Things remain stressful here in Qole's World

I have some instructions on copying the contents of your image file into a dedicated partition in a couple of places. If you don't mind starting fresh, I have a recent post in the Diablo thread about how to dump a rootfs tarball into a partition. (You need to type tar instead of gtar, but otherwise they're the same on the N900).

The instructions for dumping the file system from your image to a partition are also around here somewhere; I'll try to find them...

I really need to make that into a wiki page...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze