Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shreif View Post
why isnt any one answering my question can i uninstall the update of mypaint without uninstalling the app ?
Oh.. I do not know about that? Hope that someone answer that?

Btw. I have now MyPaint 0.8.2-1maemo11 installed...
everything works fine.

and I have made those changes what I wanted..

1. "Toggle Eraser Mode" do not anymore change it size. GREAT!
/home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py (line 103)
2. and Canvas Rotation is now PERFECT! 90 degrees is possible!
/home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py (line 903)
I edited those lines.

Thanks, Anders, harp, bousch, xman for tip!

-----------------------------------------------------

xman ---

I have now done those /home/reclaim things..
but MyPaint dekstop icon is still blue box??
I have rebooted but now it is still show icon..

anders_gud ---

could you tell me.. is there now MyPaint "own" desktop icon..
when installing MyPaint. I have copied my own brushes -folder to the /home/user/.mypaint and other.. and this could be a problem here?

EDIT --------------------------------------------------
Off topic: I have now Overclocked N900 -> 1.15 Ghz and MyPaint is Liquid smooth it is fantastic smooth experience to draw, the feel is almost better than real pencils now. It is ok at 1000 MHz.but this is fantastic. Hot hot summer! and btw. MyPaint does not stress processor that much..(it is depended! but when using simple sketch pencil brush I have no problems) So there is no really much heat generated at least shorttime use. BUT when watching videos or using some emulators, and of course GPS and Network .. this is not then good thing because device getting hot very quickly... Ok let's see what happen..

Last edited by Creativetone; 2010-05-11 at 08:53. Reason: Line numbers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
I just set mine to 800 mhz, it's good enough for mypaint and I should hopefully get enough warning time if overclocked phones start dying.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Creativetone View Post
xman ---

I have now done those /home/reclaim things..
but MyPaint dekstop icon is still blue box??
I have rebooted but now it is still show icon..

anders_gud ---

could you tell me.. is there now MyPaint "own" desktop icon..
when installing MyPaint. I have copied my own brushes -folder to the /home/user/.mypaint and other.. and this could be a problem here?
Tone, I added this image of me doing a symlink from MC, maybe this helps. I just installed myp_ver11, and all my icon are still working.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
This is probably one of the greatest apps for the n900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
why isnt any one answering my question can i uninstall the update of mypaint without uninstalling the app ?
Don't know about downgrading to previus version either

But you should post the versions you have installed, I meen mypaint and mypaint-data. I'm pretty sure thats where the problem is for you.

Write in xterm:
apt-cache policy mypaint 'enter'

apt-cache policy mypaint-data 'enter'

Your problem sounds alot like mine i had and that got fixed with an update of mypaint-data only

Mine looks like this:
~ $ apt-cache policy mypaint
mypaint:
Installed: 0.8.2-1maemo10
Candidate: 0.8.2-1maemo10
Version table:
*** 0.8.2-1maemo10 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
~ $ apt-cache policy mypaint-data
mypaint-data:
Installed: 0.8.2-1maemo10
Candidate: 0.8.2-1maemo10
Version table:
*** 0.8.2-1maemo10 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
If yo want to compare

@Tone i joined the bandwagon and oc'ed my N900 and must addmit that it's a plessure to use in mypaint. I have mine set at 1000, maybe i'll try to raise it some time. I only use the high Hz when i use mypaint

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
It only goes to max frequency when rendering strokes and transformations so it probably won't do much long term damage while MyPainting.

Is there anyone here that's using mypaint pr1.2? It would be nice to know if the pressure sensitivity bug is still there. Pressure information from overclocked kernels would also be interesting...
In the "classic" GTK menu under Help there is a debug entry where you can check the pressure and location input mypaint is getting when started from Term.
Ideally (without the bug) the global pressure setting is a straight line from the bottom left corner up to upper right. We have to invert and narrow the curve to get the right values - the result is a less dynamic input (compared to running in Diablo).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
I wonder if it might even be possible to fix it ourselves and incorporate it into titans power kernel.

I don't think that is possible, but I'm not sure. Did you try uninstalling it and re-installing the latest version?

Version 0.8.2-1maemo12 is here.

*Added dependencies for python-hildon and python-osso, so mypaint can be installed fresh phone (if not, report bug).

python-support have been in dependencies list a while. I do not know how graphical application manager reports installation failure, but as we seen previously, some other package can prevent you installing python-support. With terminal and apt-get error message is very clear. (This has nothing to do with mypaint, it is just package management)

*Added icon for application menu. I do not know how to show it without rebooting (somebody knows?)

Package is not optified with maemo_optify in rules, because there are so much symlinks and application is not working after that. It is installed with --prexif=/opt/mypaint. And (I think) with it we cant use nice dh_maemo_package_icons. Once we used maemo_optify only for data and dh_maemo_package_icons worked and there was icon in application manager.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:

Tags
mypaint, sketching