Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I know about the setup process outlined here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Rotation - but that appears to having you go to the Advanced Battery app and once there click on what direction one wants to rotate the screen.

I am pretty sure that I saw an old thread (which I can't find) about a screen rotation option that you could install for OS2008 that would rotate the screen when clicking the power button (which would be a much slicker way to use it for me).

Anyone know if this option "still" exists?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Install the community SSU, it's the best way to get screen rotation plus all of those sexy bug fixes to boot.

But what you're looking for is called sliderotate-diablo.install

I couldn't upload it for you since tmo doesn't support sharing such files.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Install the community SSU, it's the best way to get screen rotation plus all of those sexy bug fixes to boot.

But what you're looking for is called sliderotate-diablo.install

Ah, I didn't know that the rotation was in the community SSU.
Do you know if there is a change log online showing what is IN this SSU?

Also, thanks for the sliderotate-diablo. I searched for it and found a thread about it and that was indeed what I was thinking about. I'll check into the SSU install as well though.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Honestly, install this instead.
http://repository.maemo.org/communit...esting.install

For more on what it does...
http://wiki.maemo.org/Talkiablo_Community_Project

And yeah, 10x better than if you were to install slide-rotate.

For more on what it does...
http://wiki.maemo.org/Talkiablo_Community_Project
But still, that is not a list of what is IN the package right?
I asked about the desktop lock mentioned in that list and was told that that, for instance, was not in this package.

I can't believe how hard it is to find a frikkn list of WHAT is in this package online somewhere.

Just run the install file from the thread (too tired to find it, sorry), it works great, is backwards compatible with the manual rotation mod and is forward compatible with the SSU once you feel you are ready to install it. I would upload the file myself but my n810 isn't booting :[

Originally Posted by notnarb View Post
Just run the install file from the thread (too tired to find it, sorry), it works great, is backwards compatible with the manual rotation mod and is forward compatible with the SSU once you feel you are ready to install it. I would upload the file myself but my n810 isn't booting :[
Do you mean the wiki-process or the one that Addison mentions?
If Addisons - is it true that it changes the screen rotation to portrait every time the keyboard closes?

Yeah, using these devices gives you a somewhat distorted view of what "sexy" is, doesn't it?

BTW, if you install XArchiver, you can install a plug-in for TAR or ZIP file types. Both of these (IIRC) are supported by t.m.o. & both can contain one or more files of any type.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Sorry for using the word "sexy".

I didn't have a Thesaurus with me at the time I posted.

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Do you mean the wiki-process or the one that Addison mentions?
If Addisons - is it true that it changes the screen rotation to portrait every time the keyboard closes?
From the looks of it, the SSU doesn't install sliderotate, no. Found the link/thread for sliderotate though.

Summary:

There is a patch that enables you to send commands to the OS to rotate the screen.

Sliderotate is a configurable application that lets you send the commands to rotate the screen (to the above patch) through a plethora of methods (most useful being power button), play sounds upon rotation, and more. In addition, in the configuration menu, there is also a button to re-install the above mentioned patch.

The SSU just installs the patch (afaik)

The Following User Says Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post: