Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Nevermind. I read up on the sliderotate install and even though I would LOVE to have it the install steps are rather 'intimidating' including flashing a new kernel if I understand it correctly.

Sigh.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
The sliderotate-diablo.install file couldn't possibly be any easier to install.

It's a simple one click, download the new kernel button and you're done.

It does everything else.

Originally Posted by that thread
DO NOT QUOTE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU REPLY TO THIS THREAD!
THEY ARE OUTDATED, AND KEPT ONLY FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE!
Like Addison said, just run the install file, it does everything for you (sorry, originally had that in my post, but must have gotten loss when I rearranged some of the text)

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I click on If you're running Diablo, click this: "http://mikie.dy.fi/maemo/sliderotate-diablo.install"

and I get a new window in microB saying:

========================
[install]
catalogues = Mikie;ExtrasDev
package = sliderotate

[Mikie]
name = Mikie
uri = http://mikie.dy.fi/maemo
components = user

[ExtrasDev]
name = Maemo Extras Development
uri = http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
components = free non-free
========================
Nothing opens up.

So I added the repo manually using the info above and I can see sliderotate in the available apps - but when trying to install it I get the msssage 'unable to install'.

One-click-install my ***

EDIT: After uninstalling and reinstalling it finished successfully and I get the sliderotatesetting option in the menu.and I selected to get xrandr support. There was no automatic reboot as the program claimed.so I manually rebooted and....it now seems to be active.

Very cool, will play with the settings some now.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-12 at 07:56.

Never mind, it worked for a few seconds. Rebooted and now none of the slideroate settings does a shite.

I'm cancelling this and will uninstall. Too buggy shite.

Posted a quick way to download the .install file and run it, but I see you posted a response before that. Just installed it on my n810 (on my older partition), and was surprised that it wasn't working as it should. Then I figured out that you have to hit the button on the bottom that reinstalls xrandr support for it to work correctly (it looks like it's hanging, doing nothing with a white dialog box, but just be patient).

It works, I swear it does :P

uinstalled. reinstalled, hit the update box. it seems like it works a few seconds sometimes..but then..nothing. ive done this three times now. its bugged. f it.

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
uinstalled. reinstalled, hit the update box. it seems like it works a few seconds sometimes..but then..nothing. ive done this three times now. its bugged. f it.
Interesting. I know I've been blaming a lot of random things on the SSU lately ( <3 you Ima, I know it may not seem that way!) , but I would guess it is conflicting with the SSU installed patch. Sliderotate works for me and it works for many others - the only thing I see added to the equation is the SSU. I would test this myself, but with my main partition not booting, I'm being careful with my lifeline. I'll make a post in the SSU thread and see if anyone else has a similar issue

The Following User Says Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post:
Thanks, this weekend I will do a re-flash of my N810 and install everything manually 'from scratch' as I want to make sure I don't have a lot of garbage in there from having installed and uninstalled soo many applications lately.

That, and it'll be a 'fun' project.

I will try to install sliderotate before the SSU - and actually if there is a conflict I might opt to hold off on the SSU completely if sliderotate works.

Ok, I'm at the point in my N810 restoration that I would like to try out sliderotate. I've checked out the link provided (and the link that it links to and the link that it links to..) and I have to say that the 'install discussion' surrounding sliderotate must be the biggest clusterfukk I've ever seen on this forum. A complete mess.

SO, I'm looking for someone that have installed this to PLEASE outline step-by-step what to download, in what order, etc

(And I'm not talking SSU, I'm not talking advanced power rotating arrows - I'm talking the sliderotate setup)..