Active Topics

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
clean your root cache uninstall apps you dot need clean your browser cache too and at least reformat your emms too

Backup, reflash and emmc reflash +1.

It's an annoying process, but the living kernel can get itself into trouble sometimes, especially if using programs from development repo.

The title of this thread isn't really appropiate. Perhaps " My Phone is slow" would be. My N900 runs super fast, instantaneous, really enjoying it. You'll find that if you hace installed some extra-devel applications this can affect your responsiveness. Always worth installing Conky to see whats using your ram/CPU.

Good Luck, definately not SLOW

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soredawg For This Useful Post:
Not sure of exactly what the virtual memory set-up is on the n900 but I have just replaced a 2Gb SD card with a shiny new 16Gb card and the device hangs less, performs most functions faster and, for the first time, I can see the multitasking working in the way it should. Slick.
Deffo the case that you really feel the difference in adding the extra resources.

In other news, bear shits in woods.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjknight For This Useful Post:
I'll just add, don't panic about massive ram usage. Its linux and thats normal. It manages RAM a whole lot better than windows, and in fact, one of the reasons linux is so good is because it uses the ram rather than pushing it all to virtual memory or "swap" like windows does, there fore making it quicker.

Sounds like to me you've got a lot of junk floating about. If you have extras-devel and extras-testing on you have been warned what apps from these repositories can do to your device.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have never worried about extra-devel and extras-testing and haven't encountered problems after the early days when optification was a bigger issue than it is now.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Once in a while I clear history in the browser MicroB. I do that when my phone seems slower than before. In my case it helps a lot.

Ok, So I just flashed my phone, and it was super nice and fast, and now its slow after a few days again.

What can I do?

1) After how much time your phone become "slow"?
2) What do you define "slow"? the menu? the desktops? opening and app? browsing the web? calling? Be specific to all the app and options you think are slow please