Poll: Can you legally break an NDA? (Theoretical)
Poll Options
Can you legally break an NDA? (Theoretical)

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
what the heck is NDA?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
what the heck is NDA?
non-disclosure agreement..

a type of legally binding contract (usually) used to protect trade secrets... (toward employees, business partners, etc... even beta testers).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
what the heck is NDA?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NDA

technically no you cant break it!! i hit yes by mistake!!!

Anyway if you break an nda it would be considered an illegal act!!

If you find a legal way of breaking it, then be definition you are NOT breaking it!!

really a play on words there but still answers the quesiton.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
LOL at the poll (4:4:4:4)!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
IANAL. Apart from that I don't know if countries exist that have laws that can force a person in a specific situation / investigation to provide the content of the NDA.
On the other hand such a country with such laws sounds like a place where an NDA isn't worth that much anyway.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
As i remember it... the terms of wich an NDA can be broken legally is meantioned in the nda it self...

f.ex if your signing an NDA about an unreleased product, the NDA usually states that the NDA is automaticly invalid/broken once the product is made public. Or information about the product is made public through a legal channel.

I have signed a few NDA's my self, and they all claimed when the NDA wasent valid anymore. And when it could be broken.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Would have thought once you sign an NDA you are bound to whatever it says

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What I think is interesting is that Chemist says he has deleted all posts in a certain thread because HE signed an NDA. If one of the posts he deleted belonged to me, would that mean I was being restricted from posting because of an NDA I never even saw?

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
... would that mean I was being restricted from posting because of an NDA I never even saw?
No, but if you had quoted his post, it would be a normal courtesy to him to allow your post to be deleted.