Active Topics

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
ye i know. Where does it say that the n900 will never get 10.1????? If they r testing the n900 then ..... Lol think about it
m e e g o

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
There is no upcoming phone in the N900’s class for roughly 6 more months. So if the new Flash is not released to the N900 and it does become widely available in June, it’s an autogoal, as AFAIK there will be no high-end Cortex class Nokia phone until the Harmattan device. The N8 and other current-gen Symbian phones do not have the proper browser and horsepower background to take full advantage of Flash 10, so there is no point in protecting them from other Nokia products. Not to mention that the N900 is one of the most expensive Nokia phones, so there is actually a business interest in selling them with Flash 10. Because, you now, they still ARE selling N900s. I know what Qole tweeted, but it still does not make sense no matter how I look at it.
I have no reason to doubt qole or be at tanget to your thinking.

But I'm going to guess that its a case of flash not coming to Maemo 5 rather than the N900. Yes, I know that the N900 is still being sold, but that is of no relevance in this regard. A quick look at the enhancement requests handling in Bugzilla is proof enough of how much effort is being put in to enhace Maemo 5.

Unless the implementation effort put in to port 10.1 to Maemo 5 also helps for Meego/Harmattan. I don't see it happening.

Look at any other platform getting the update. Been quite vocal, haven't they? But, if Nokia is going to get it done, then if nothing else they could learn to communicate better to their end users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
There is no upcoming phone in the N900’s class for roughly 6 more months. So if the new Flash is not released to the N900 and it does become widely available in June, it’s an autogoal, as AFAIK there will be no high-end Cortex class Nokia phone until the Harmattan device. The N8 and other current-gen Symbian phones do not have the proper browser and horsepower background to take full advantage of Flash 10, so there is no point in protecting them from other Nokia products. Not to mention that the N900 is one of the most expensive Nokia phones, so there is actually a business interest in selling them with Flash 10. Because, you now, they still ARE selling N900s. I know what Qole tweeted, but it still does not make sense no matter how I look at it.
N900 was just a testing device for the next platform....thats what I feel....same think happened with the 5800....no kinetic scrolling because it would be the same product as their newer 5530 or even the N97....when they sold enough 5530 they released the new firmware with kinetic scrolling for the old 5800....its all about marketing....trust me....in the same manner,they wont care about the N900...new products would be in the market with new features...we have the Meego factor as well.....so flash 10.1 will be released with Meego and geniuses from this forum will port it to the N900 and everybody will be happy.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
This reasoning would make sense if the new phones would cost more than the N900 and have a rougly equivalent hardware. But they don’t. All symbian phones have weaker CPU-s and cost less than the N900 (except the N97, which is roughly the same). And if they wait for MeeGo, that means 6 months of Android Flash 10.1 dominance, which, again, will lower the sales of ALL high-end Nokia phones. No, seriously, it makes no business sense.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
No, it doesn't make any business sense at all. I am wondering, with my conspiracy theory head on, if Nokia and Adobe haven't said let's not release it officially, have one of the meamo bods port it, then put it around that, hey, contrary to what Jobs said it's so open a hacker ported it to the N900.

Aside from that, I genuinely find it totally depressing that the wonderful invention that is the internet is now going through what seems like a turf war. Screw this planet sometimes, and the selfish people on it. It depresses me. Maybe I'm just becoming an old hippie but seriously, all this crap needs to stop.

If we don't get flash 10 one way or another I'll probably run any other OS that gives me full fat web. That's chiefly why I bought the N900, all the other lovely features are great. But I want a full browser. We shall see!

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
you may have a point HellFlyer, looks like we may have to wait till Meego for 10.1 or even a slim chance of ever having Air. I am quite annoyed the n900 is everything I want in a phone and flash is a huge reason I purchased one recently.

Before buying the n900 I saw that damn demo vid in youtube and assumed the old version 9 could be updated. I didn't bother searching here for flash player 10 stuff. Hope I don't have to switch to Android or something just to use the latest flash and air. After showing the world that demo I really think they should finish the development on the platform they teased us on.

Here is me crossing my fingers with the rest of you

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by impaler View Post
you may have a point HellFlyer, looks like we may have to wait till Meego for 10.1 or even a slim chance of ever having Air. I am quite annoyed the n900 is everything I want in a phone and flash is a huge reason I purchased one recently.

Before buying the n900 I saw that damn demo vid in youtube and assumed the old version 9 could be updated. I didn't bother searching here for flash player 10 stuff. Hope I don't have to switch to Android or something just to use the latest flash and air. After showing the world that demo I really think they should finish the development on the platform they teased us on.

Here is me crossing my fingers with the rest of you
I agree it sux and part of my reason of keeping the N900 was netbook function. I now have an Incredible, which plays Flash content better than the N900 and it "just" has Flash Lite 4.

"Better" is relative, since not many games work, due to no keyboard (need arrow keys for a lot of Flash games). The games play smoother though- again moot, since controls suck on Incredible (by default).

N900 plays MAME too good to give up on though Raiden 2 and Hot Shots Golf at full FPS are also nice

Update:

The game emulators are also nice, due to keyboard.... No Flash 10.1..... why Nokia? You have betraaaaaayed us

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-14 at 13:32.

In a perfect world, Nokia will include Flash 10.1 in the upcoming PR1.2 update. Everyone will be shoked, all the blogs will fill with exclusive videos and news about it.

But...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
How about we wait for Adobe to release Flash 10.1 *first* and *then* start the national t.m.o. hobby ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
In a perfect world, Nokia will include Flash 10.1 in the upcoming PR1.2 update. Everyone will be shoked, all the blogs will fill with exclusive videos and news about it.

But...
BUT In a perfect world , Nokia wouldn't exist because its not perfect along with flash player and PR 1.2

Only green grass and unicorns

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update