One of the previous poster was right he was using the customization that the poster specified. So it all adds up. YEAAAAHHHHHH BABY!!!

remove back cover
remove battery
take a look at what is under the battery. That should give you a better idea, anyway.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Just press ctrl-shift-x anywhere. If you find yourself in a unix-terminal, i'd be willing to bet it's genuine. I doubt the clones have unix with accessible terminals.

Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
Just press ctrl-shift-x anywhere. If you find yourself in a unix-terminal, i'd be willing to bet it's genuine. I doubt the clones have unix with accessible terminals.
Can one re-assign this key seq?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Well this is awkward I bet the guy who sold it to you is in this forum right now.... try to look him up and see who he is
I would never buy used phone especially N900 from that kind of people. He heavily modded it which means he kinda likes to experiment and chances are he also OVERCLOCKED are high. Which means he might abused it by clocking higher that 900Mhz and your getting someone experimental device , your CPU might die in 3 months

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Last edited by HellFlyer; 2010-05-14 at 17:07.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
By the look of things. This device seems like an authentic Nokia N900 to my eyes. There is catorize or mymenu installed, therefore the menu has a different look to it from original.

Hardware looks fine, but that can't be the stock software!

This is just ridiculous, yeah I'm sure the fake would have loaded up ebay with full flash and java support in tablet mode.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Definitely real deal, no doubt.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Ok just type *#06# in dialer and verify that with Nokia either online or on the phone.. It's that simple...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post: