Notices

Poll: Which is your main mobile browser?
Poll Options
Which is your main mobile browser?

I'am currently using Opera as my main browser, despite some bugs as with the incorrect mapping of the "^" character on the french keyboard, and some random stability issues.
It's fast enough at start-up, the UI is super smooth and responsive, and last but not least the pages rendering is according to me faster than with MicroB (on the N900).

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
I'm running Firefox Fennec, I also tried out Opera and Chrome but since it doesn't sync with my desktop computer + laptop it's pretty useless(plus it doesn't support add-ons). BTW, Minefield is only for desktop computers, right?
No there's a 1.5 meg .deb file for Minefield you can run on OS2008.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Plus a little bigger xulrunner

MicroB, cause it can handle flash quite well and it got Cursor mode. I am not sure how many of the other browsers have flash enabled and got cursor mode?

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
wheatbisc, u can turn on the cursor in whole system. Tear supports flash-videos much better then MicroB (html5 in Tear - WIN). Midori, Firefox, Arora, Agida@Web and others has flash...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bristol, UK
I tend to use MicroB/Opera in the ratio of 75 to 25. Opera wins on slower connections and browsing large pages due to "turbo" and "one click zoom" *respectively* - both bits of functionality I grew very comfortable while overseas as for several years the only mobile data was gprs so the only realistic way of browsing on my phone was opera mini

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
At the moment using Microb, but Opera Mobile is feeling pretty good... May change when if and when they got Flash support to it

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
wheatbisc, u can turn on the cursor in whole system. Tear supports flash-videos much better then MicroB (html5 in Tear - WIN). Midori, Firefox, Arora, Agida@Web and others has flash...
Well then I might have to change browser :P
What do you mean by "turn on the cursor in the whole system"? Enable cursor mode for all browsers?

And Tear supports only flash vids or full flash?

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Enable cursor mode for all browsers?
No. Completely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HwUqABS8WA

And Tear supports only flash vids or full flash?
Full flash. Sometimes Tear doesn't want to load flash and I need to use MicroB... But Tear is my favorite browser on Diablo.

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
No. Completely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HwUqABS8WA

Full flash. Sometimes Tear doesn't want to load flash and I need to use MicroB... But Tear is my favorite browser on Diablo.
Forgot to check this thread :P But Isn't this a poll for the browsers on the N900?

Thanks for the vid, but it's cursor mode for N810!
Is it possible to enable cursor mode on Opera on Maemo5/N900? Or on any other browser with full flash enabled?

Thanks in advance