Active Topics

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Hi all,

I am trying to make a debian package of gpscorrelate. I made the debianization using dh_make and I am able to build installable binary packages. However, I am not able to build the source package to upload it to the autobuilder. I am using the following command to generate the source package as suggested by the extras assistant

Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sA -S
The output lines in question are

Code:
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to icons/48x48/gpscorrelate-gui.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to icons/scalable/gpscorrelate-gui.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to icons/26x26/gpscorrelate-gui.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to icons/40x40/gpscorrelate-gui.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: building gpscorrelate in gpscorrelate_1.6.1-1maemo1.dsc
dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source
These icon files are added by me. If I remove the icons directory (or just the png files), there is no problem. Googling for the "unrepresentable changes to source" gives some hints that this would have something to do with improperly making clean (usually has something to do with version control files etc.)

However, if I make the source package using

Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sn -S
the source package is generated (of course, it is not diffing to the original source).

Can I upload the source to autobuilder like this or is it considered unethical or something to not to include the original source in the source package?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you want to go the diff route, the "usual" trick is to uuencode the images and uudecode the images in the install target in debian/rules.

There may be an easier way, however.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
If you want to go the diff route, the "usual" trick is to uuencode the images and uudecode the images in the install target in debian/rules.
This should do the trick, thanks. I'll have to play around with my debin/rules since there are two packages built and I am getting the icons into the wrong package. I am not sure how I should put the icon files into the .install file of the other package. Learning all the time...