Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Hi, perhaps this is slightly OT, but I was wondering whether such an app could be used to send sms via commercial providers such as Vyke (http://www.vyke.com).

Vyke makes an app for Symbian phones allowing users to send sms through its servers directly from the normal sms interface on their mobile. They never released a version for N900, so in order to use it I now need to use their website on MicroB.
Yes, it is possible if the website can be scraped via python-mechanize. And if someone is willing to contribute, cause I do not have an account there and as you can see, I am rather busy fixing nasty bugs ;-)

But in general every provider can be added.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by blubbi View Post
Depends: python (>= 2.5), python2.5-qt4-gui (>= 4.6.2-maemo20091218.0), python-mechanize (>= 0.1.11-1.1maemo1), pymaemo-optify, libsqlite3-0
okay, just for curiosity now, because i want to write an sms ;-)
which package from the package manager do I have to install now?
I can't find a package with the nam python-evolution.

thanks!
nexus

Originally Posted by gri View Post
Even if I stay in a sort of "competition" with www2sms because I created the Web2SMS project, I hope I can help you there.

Take a look at this post, I think the code should work to insert sms into conversations. (due the help of frals)
Oh, i don't think we are direct competitors, cause my approach is to scrape the website instead of using a API provided by some service. ;-) This might come in handy if there is no API present for a certain provider.
But well... the providers are modular, so how a provider is interfaced does not matter to my program, it just relies on some variables passed back from the provider class.

Thank you very much for the link! I appreciate it very much! If I, with my average python/QT skills, can help out let me know.

Cheers
Bjoern

Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
okay, just for curiosity now, because i want to write an sms ;-)
which package from the package manager do I have to install now?
I can't find a package with the nam python-evolution.

thanks!
nexus
It is called python-evolution.

Install it via console (apt-get install python-evolution) as root.
These kind of packages are not visible to the endusers.

Cheers
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
ah, i see. thanks a lot. Now it started up by executing:
'python /opt/www2sms/www2sms.py'
(-- but it does not work if started as root or via icon).

regards!
nexus

Only the very first time, it did not start up via icon.
Now it works.
Thanks again,
nexus

oh, and i have bad news. It does not work.
www2sms claims to send the sms and even reports that the sms has been successfully sent, no sms arrives (tested it by sending it to myself). Also if i login to my o2 account, I can see that i still have the same amount of free sms. So no sms has been sent. Sending an SMS via the o2 web interface works, though.

regards,
nexus

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
oh, and i have bad news. It does not work.
www2sms claims to send the sms and even reports that the sms has been successfully sent, no sms arrives (tested it by sending it to myself). Also if i login to my o2 account, I can see that i still have the same amount of free sms. So no sms has been sent. Sending an SMS via the o2 web interface works, though.

regards,
nexus
If the sms has been really sent, you'll see that in your "Sent Messages" folder in the o2 communication center. Also you can see there if www2sms did suppy the sms but something went wrong (for example: No recipient number, no +49 prefix, no text ...)

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Lol..that's a bad news Unfortunatelly my sms provider is not supported so...I'm some steps behind you

The Following User Says Thank You to MaRRo81 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gri View Post
If the sms has been really sent, you'll see that in your "Sent Messages" folder in the o2 communication center. Also you can see there if www2sms did suppy the sms but something went wrong (for example: No recipient number, no +49 prefix, no text ...)
You're right! The messages are in "Sent Messages" folder with the remark: "nicht übermittelt" (engl. "not transmitted"?), but there's no explanation why it couldn't be transmitted.

(there's no +49 prefix, but it's not necessary? The other message sent by o2 web interface has also no +49 prefix)

EDIT: I'M WRONG. +49 seems to be necessary :-), I'll test again..

regards,
nexus

Last edited by nexus101; 2010-05-18 at 10:59.