Notices

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Version 1.0.2 should be in DEVEL in some minutes.

Now saves SMS to Conversation
(thanks gri for the code!)

Cheers
Bjoern
Attached Files
File Type: gz www2sms_1.0.2.orig.tar.gz (38.1 KB, 72 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Hallo Björn,

first of all thank you for you work. Some time ago I wanted to start a request for an O2-Germany sms application but I thought that would be to special. Your modular concept is a gread idea...

I successfully installed your application but I can only open the programm with the terminal ("python /opt/www2sms/www2sms.py") and not with the icon.

Another problem is that I can't write upper case letters with the keyboard so first I can't enter my pw correctly. But of course you can use the touchscreen keyboard...

Then I tried to send an sms but I always get the error message "Failed to load 'Mein O2' ". Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks again and servus

Maerkus

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
works great here, but indeed it cannot be started by the icon. upper case letter were at least in the previous version no problem with the password field. in this version, that works for sure in the sms text. just have written a test massage. and now posting this with opera mobile 10 on my N900. Life can be fun!

greetings,
nexus.

Originally Posted by Maerkus View Post
Hallo Björn,

first of all thank you for you work. Some time ago I wanted to start a request for an O2-Germany sms application but I thought that would be to special. Your modular concept is a gread idea...

I successfully installed your application but I can only open the programm with the terminal ("python /opt/www2sms/www2sms.py") and not with the icon.
Which version did you install? Try the latest 1.0.2

Another problem is that I can't write upper case letters with the keyboard so first I can't enter my pw correctly. But of course you can use the touchscreen keyboard...
Thats totally new and I can't replicate it...

Then I tried to send an sms but I always get the error message "Failed to load 'Mein O2' ". Any idea what could be wrong?
This error is thrown, when mechanize fails... (connection failure, any exeption by mechanize)
Could you add a line to the code in www2sms_providers.py (Line ~275)
Code:
return error(self, MainWindow, e, 'Failed to load "Mein O2"')
Just add bevore that
Code:
print e
that it looks like this:
Code:
print e
return error(self, MainWindow, e, 'Failed to load "Mein O2"')
Start it from the console nd tell me what you see (There should be a error message)

Cheers
Bjoern

Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
works great here, but indeed it cannot be started by the icon. upper case letter were at least in the previous version no problem with the password field. in this version, that works for sure in the sms text. just have written a test massage. and now posting this with opera mobile 10 on my N900. Life can be fun!

greetings,
nexus.
Thanks for your response.

Well, I did no changes to the Account setup code... so it is supposed to work... and here the latest version works too. Otherwise I couldn't send SMS ;-)

Cheers
Bjoern

I added python-mechanize 0.2.1maemo0 to DEVEL just a moment ago, this removes the dependencies to python-clientform.

Lets see if this introduces some new bugs.
If not, Please vote for it that it can enter the TESTING repo.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/python-mechanize/

[2010-05-18 22:54:39] python-mechanize 0.2.1maemo0 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Hallo Björn,

Edit the desktopfile (/usr/share/applications/hildon/www2sms.desktop) from:
Exec=/opt/www2sms/www2sms.py
to
Exec=python /opt/www2sms/www2sms.py

This should do the trick.

Please let me know if it helped

Okay, just found the real issue, www2sms.py is not executabel...

just run
Code:
chmot +x /opt/www2sms/www2sms.py
Thats it.

Sorry...

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the new version and the chmod fix (had the same problem).
When I want to send a SMS without a connection it doesn't ask me for a connection and tries to send it (which will fail obviously). Maybe you should add that connection dialogue because otherwise the "Sending..." button will be greyed out until you restart the application.
The SMS was inserted in the conversations which is really nice!
A more finger friendly interface would be better (together with a faster loading time) but it works (contacts without pictures!?).
Maybe the application could remember the last contact or least the last used number for the contact (if there are more than one)!?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Thanks for the new version and the chmod fix (had the same problem).
When I want to send a SMS without a connection it doesn't ask me for a connection and tries to send it (which will fail obviously). Maybe you should add that connection dialogue because otherwise the "Sending..." button will be greyed out until you restart the application.
The SMS was inserted in the conversations which is really nice!
A more finger friendly interface would be better (together with a faster loading time) but it works (contacts without pictures!?).
Maybe the application could remember the last contact or least the last used number for the contact (if there are more than one)!?
Good points! I'll add that to my TODO list.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post: