Notices

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Just updated (but seem to get version 0.2.9?)

Regular reoccurring seems to work (have a weekly that shows up on the N900 calendar).
Another reoccurring is not showing up. This is setup in Google calendar as reoccurring on the 20th of every month.
Just reporting as this could be one of the instances that Erminig does not cover (or the N900 calendar can't handle).

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
Same here (0.2.10), some recurring events just don't seem to work. I would provide more detail, but can't figure out any. For some, the reason may be that they were started before 1970 (I tend to enter birthdays on the day of birth), but I have another that was started on 2007 and just doesn't seem to work. All of these are simple "repeat yearly" events, nothing more.

I didn't come to some weekly events, which also don't sync, but are already completed. These finished a few weeks ago, so this may be the reason.

If you need any detail with these events, just ask.

Many thanks for recurring events! This release has finally made my N900 (almost - see below) usable as a calendar.

However, I've also got some events that just don't sync.

I had two such events (one every Tuesday, the other every Thursday, with no end dates). Setting end dates caused the Thursday event to sync, but not the Tuesday. Very odd!

Can I also suggest that all Erminig users/fans add their comments to the Maemo Bugzilla bug for non-working repeating event exceptions (#5294). Weight of numbers might be the only way to convince Nokia that this is a real issue

The bug details can be found at:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5294

The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Atkins For This Useful Post:
For me it works ok

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland, Warsaw
Great job Lorelei.!!!
Thank you very much.

I have all my recurring events well synchronized.
It didn't work at first - I had to open and edit them slightly in Gmail just to refresh the creation/update time in Gmail I guess and it works fine.
I had this recurring events for at least one year and were skipped many times at synchronization with previous version.
This could explain that some are and some are not synchronized.
Try to re-edit the slightly and check again.

I sync 4 calendars and ca 10 recurring events.

Good luck.
Darek

The Following User Says Thank You to cdarek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Thanks Darek for your comment. In fact this reminds me that I forgot to mention something when I released the last version of Erminig: you have to delete and re-create the sync profiles, otherwise previously created events (recurring and not) won't be synced, since as you point out the timestamps of those events will be before the last sync, so they won't be seen by Erminig.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
lorelei, thx so much for this app! works like a charm for me!

is there some kind of donate option?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Thanks Darek for your comment. In fact this reminds me that I forgot to mention something when I released the last version of Erminig: you have to delete and re-create the sync profiles, otherwise previously created events (recurring and not) won't be synced, since as you point out the timestamps of those events will be before the last sync, so they won't be seen by Erminig.
Recreated the profiles and it seems to work fine. Great work, thanks!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Will this have any effect on the crashing problem I am demonstrating? Happy to try a few testing variations if you see the need.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Laois, Ireland
Hi. Thanks for this great app. I've been using it without any software errors but when I sync any calendars TO google the existing events get duplicated. I have no recurring events and this never seems to happen when syncing FROM Google. Is there something I need to do or check?

Last edited by Boru; 2010-05-22 at 12:46.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization