Notices

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
thanks for application . but we really a guide for dummies like pics and little arrows , even after filling out all the passwords and reading threw 41 pages i didn't really find no glue of what u meant to put in the setup wizard .got no gps message etc yeah not working yet ... ..version 0.3.1-1 i think it was unstable i read sum where ......
Thanks, that's really useful.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Hi

read through the thread, looking for location of config file for the version in extras-devl (0.3-1maemo0). the first post says the file is in /etc/omapcam/cm4397.enc

but no such file exists
/etc/omapcam $ ls
omap3camd.conf tcm8330.enc tcm8341.enc vs6555.enc
/etc/omapcam $

anyone know where i should look or can tell me if one of the above files is the one i need to delete?

cheers

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
so now everyone knows how to delete this app, so its useless now??????

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Is anyone else worried that something bad happened to rachol?? He was very active on this thread, making lots of updates to the code daily, then went completely silent on May 2nd. I hope he's ok.

Ok, my resume is - the idea was good but...it didn't receive any further attention from the developer (judging by the repo fie which is still the same and unstable). So, for the idea only - thanks to the developer! For the abandoning it and all the time I spent trying to delete it - less respect.

p.s failurehappening - read the forum a few messages back

Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
Is anyone else worried that something bad happened to rachol?? He was very active on this thread, making lots of updates to the code daily, then went completely silent on May 2nd. I hope he's ok.
I was thinking about the same yesterday. He said, he'll be busy for few days/week. Very strange, that he wasn't here for so long time..

Originally Posted by Reeby View Post
Ok, my resume is - the idea was good but...it didn't receive any further attention from the developer (judging by the repo fie which is still the same and unstable). So, for the idea only - thanks to the developer! For the abandoning it and all the time I spent trying to delete it - less respect.

p.s failurehappening - read the forum a few messages back
That is the big chance we're taking by installing software from extras-devel. It is an unstable repository, only meant for testing very unstable applications. When you install something from there you should be prepared to crash your device completely. As a developer it is easy to be unlucky enough to create a little bug causing havoc. That's what the repo is for - finding those bugs so they can be avoided in the final application.

I think we should be patient with Rachol, the developer. He's not doing this as his full time job, and something else might take all his attention at the moment. It doesn't even have to be something serious - it could just be that he's run out of spare time for now.

I believe he deserves a lot of respect for what he has done so far and hope he soon returns to finish the great project he has started!

However, I hope he will release the source code for the application too. That would make it easier for more people to help him out fix the bug causing the crash

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dragly View Post
I believe he deserves a lot of respect for what he has done so far and hope he soon returns to finish the great project he has started!
...I guess my remark was one of those..in-a-heat-of-a-moment's, sorry!
Rachol indeed deserves all the respect, no doubt.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Iv'e been using I Am Here since day 1, and it's working great for me.

I e-mailed him, hope he is ok, and answers.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Uninstalled it yesterday. Worked fine, but battery issues. Battery-eye confirms double drain in standby mode. Charged at 1 AM, at 9-10 AM I'm down to 68%. Solved after uninstall.

Oh well. Nice idea, worked fine for me, can't keep it.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.