Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
So weird because when I got this device (5 months back then) first thing what i did was checked flash version and immediately started to wait for update for it. After seeing adobe video and thought that this device is cutting edge stuff i was certain that this platform will be provided "soon" with some beta version of flash that we can bug hunt....doesn't look promising :|

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I heard from a top Maemo guy that Flash 10 is not coming to the N900. It will be on the next device. So stop waiting.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
It isn't like the N900 doesn't have Flash already... right?
...Right ...and it's great but the issue is with other devices/platforms getting the updated one (which is great) with much improved efficiency and N900/Maemo/MeeGo not being even mentioned... and it's not even the first time they have left those out with their marketing statements. This is what worries me.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I heard from a top Maemo guy that Flash 10 is not coming to the N900. It will be on the next device. So stop waiting.
Did he happen to clarify why is that?!?! (and I'm not blaming you) We all know it's not the hardware or platform limitations so Houston what's the friggin' problem?!?!

The Following User Says Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
i've said it before, i'll say it again. I heard from a top maemo guy that flash 10 is not coming to the n900. It will be on the next device. So stop waiting.
dios mio!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sugar0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ İstanbul - Turkey
Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
Did he happen to clarify why is that?!?! (and I'm not blaming you) We all know it's not the hardware or platform limitations so Houston what's the friggin' problem?!?!
Capitalism

Originally Posted by Optln View Post
Capitalism
Yes... and to be more exact it sounds like short term quartal capitalism. Because if the financial guys would think with slightly longer scope they would provide at least the major updates to the highest paying customers because they want to keep those customers!

I would argue that getting customers and keeping them is a very expensive ...but it's much much more expensive to loose customers and keeping them away.

The Following User Says Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
Why so pessimistic? I'm willing to bet someone will try and wrap it in a nice warm blanket. As much as I wish Flash would die, I see the right person being able to make this run on an n900. Even if it's interacting with binary blobs inside Android 2.2, I'm sure all the interface API's are well known.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
This is not even being released on other versions of Andriod AFAIK. Not got 2.2? TOUGH.
I live in hope, but I'm not holding my breath...

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
forums.adobe.com/thread/643017?tstart=0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post: