Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
it is possible to have internet connexion to my pc via the internet connexion of the n900 ?
in my pc i have mandriva linux and i dont have any bluetooth device

Yep, it's very possible. I have a laptop running SimplyMEPIS that I connect to the internet by plugging my N900 into it using the USB cable. (In PC Suite mode.)

I ditched the pre-installed KDE app and replaced it with Gnome-PPP. Configuring was a bit of a struggle but with a bit of diligent Googling I got there in the end!

i did nt found out how, if it is very difficult i could nt do it

shouldnt you be able to make it work by using pc suite. you can google it for your version or find it at the nokia site.

its basicly just plug and play. if you still have problems let us know. im sure there is someone who can help you out

You can,,, but i dont know how to do in linux,

in windows its simple as setting a dialup connection, Your service provider will give you the no: to dial ( its kinda like *99# or similar )

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA
It's pretty much that simple in liux too. In the latest Ubuntu and in Debian squeeze (what I run) you just plug in the usb and gnome's NetworkManager does the rest. It even has a dropdown list of providers so you don't need to know the AP details.

Away from computer now, but can find details tomorrow if needed. You need a recent version of networkmanager for this to work.

i think that i dont understand the whole proccess.
I have allready a connexion in my cell phone in 3G. Can i share this connexion with my pc ?

if not , what is the way that you describe? To make a new connexion (use the n900 as modem ?)

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
You might want to clarify if you are trying to do it over bluetooth or USB

i d like to use usb as i dont have any bluetooth device . it is easier with bluetooth ?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA
Originally Posted by dglent View Post
i think that i dont understand the whole proccess.
I have allready a connexion in my cell phone in 3G. Can i share this connexion with my pc ?

if not , what is the way that you describe? To make a new connexion (use the n900 as modem ?)
It's not quite that, but sort of. You don't need a dial up number, but you do need the access point settings, unless your linux distro has them built in and available, like the ones I mentioned.

I can look it up for you when I next get to a proper terminal, but right now I'm about to go to sleep in my tent, and my air mattress has just burst...