Active Topics

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Metro Detroit Michigan USA
I tried the Martinsfield screen protector on my n800 and was very dissatisfied. It was scratched within days of applying it. I've allways been very happy with either the clear or antiglare versions from Boxwave. So I put one of those back on. I got several pouches from http://thepouch.com/ for my different toys. I'm very happy with these. No magnets to interfere, very low profile, and offer the best protection so far. I've had leather cases so far from PD Air and Fortte. I like the ones from The Pouch best.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peter The Plumber For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aapeli View Post
The Nokia N900 Commuter Series Case is now available from OtterBox for $34.95. Anyone going to get it?
Mine arrived today.

Overall impression - very well made. The casing has a harder, less tactile surface than the rubberised qubits case.
The tiny flanges clipping it onto the device look sturdy.

All cutouts and ports are perfectly placed - except, for those who use it, they forgot to include a small hole for the lanyard...easily remedied with a heated darning needle or wire.

The faceplate clips don't seem to interfere with the sliding mechanism at all.

The silicon flap which covers the usb port has me wondering what stresses it will place on the charging plug - it will tend to flip up and exert I imagine some pressure on the micro-usb connector from below. Given that I've babied my usb connectors from day 1 (filed prongs down, always connected charger with microsurgical precision ) I'm considering cutting the flap free with an exacto knife so it can be pulled off when charging. Comments from other otterbox owners welcome.

I have small fingers, but even so the stylus and screen unlock ports are recessed enough to require careful finger(nail) access.

Sorry, no pics - digital camera not working ATM !

Overall, a sturdy, well-made case.

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-05-04 at 14:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Looks good but I wonder how practical it is: what do you do when your phone rings? Do you take it out its case or you bend the front backwards?
Also it doesn't seem to have a belt clip, so it becomes a rather large unit to carry in you pocket or hands.

Then again: for that price you can't really go wrong.

Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/easecase/

This looks like the closest thing I have seen to a perfect case! I might have to order one.

I have the standard Nokia case (came free), but it's pretty useless with headphones in. And it doesn't protect the top of the screen, which is where I recently noticed a small dent =0(

But otherwise I like the simple slide-in-out design.

Hi,

Is the case still gripping the phone fine without the closing strap? which colcor of the case is this shown in the picture? I want to buy one of these ease case and would like to have same color but just wondering if someone is using without starp and if the phone does not slides out.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

I bought a Samsung screen protector to protect new phone, as I have a long fingernail, and it is a touch screen, so should be protected carefully, so I bought the whole body screen to protect my phone, it is very nice, it looks a new one after using few month.

Just wanted to show the cheap but practical "dual option": a rubberized hard case + a 5 USD generic canvas pouch.

The good thing about this combination is that the N900+hardcase nicely fit in the pouch, unlike the customized N900 cases (that are made for a "naked" N900). I put the N900 in with the screen towards my body, so that it is well-protected. I will have to make a small hole in the cover of the pouch so that the earphone will fit through.

I purchased the rubberized hardcase from the internet and the canvas case at a local suitcase-shop (with cheap stuff).

An other advantage is that the canvas pouch doesn't look very fancy (unlike some of the beautiful Noreve cases) so potential thieves are not interested.
Attached Images

This is the first phone I've ever cared about, so I finally decided to get a nutshell. The clip is great, it rides very close to the body.
Attached Images

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
I purchased the SFbags Pouch worth 9USD and It's perfect

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
My niece has got one of those craft machines that can cut vinyl shapes out. Was thinking of getting some sticky back vinyl and getting a diagram of the cutouts of the N900 so as to get my own custom built body protector made. Cant find the diagram/plans things any where. Any body seem them about???

Originally Posted by zoner View Post
This is the first phone I've ever cared about, so I finally decided to get a nutshell. The clip is great, it rides very close to the body.
Absolutely beautiful!!
But at 60 USD + another 20 USD for postage fees, that is a little bit too expensive for me! (although I am tempted... )

The Following User Says Thank You to bioman For This Useful Post:

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector