Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Hi folks,
I consider the font size for the contact's phone numbers too small and see all this wasted real estate on the screen where large number could go.
Does anyone know how to do this? Is is a simple matter of editing a css file for a theme to adjust font size and positioning?

So many time someone asks me for someone else's number, or if I want a number to call from a work phone, I first have to find my reading glasses to read that tiny font.

I have mocked up a sample of what I am talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43180978@N08/4623022617/
Attached Images

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-05-20 at 07:16. Reason: trying to get the darn pic in............

Ouch, 130 odd views and no one has any idea how to do this?

Okay how about swapping the fonts of the contact listing like this in my example below? Surely this would just be a CSS adjustment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This font size is part of your theme's gtkrc setting. To adjust it system-wide edit /etc/hildon/themes/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. Makes sure to backup your current file if something might go wrong!!!
Look out for the Fonts section in the file and edit the small fonts value. Note that the Nokia applications are not following these gtkrc setting, but may have some closed interior compilation to font sizes.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thanks michaaa62.

I'll try changing a few of those values around and see what i can come up with. Have it backed up in case it all goes horribly wrong.